jabbgard

Feb 15, 2012
Media
Atlanta, Ga
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- Mickey
Parrotlet- Peanut
Sun Conure- Seelee
So Im so jealous that Mickey loves my husband more than me. He is so sweet with me and loves on me and is NEVER aggressive....but this is how he acts when DADDY gets home :/

:mad::mad:

[ame="http://youtu.be/UdFz6S_Rnvk"]Daddy's Home - YouTube[/ame]

paulnchris

Feb 16, 2012
Parrots
Peach face,
Corella,
Cockatiel
ROFL that is so adorable, guess he really loves his daddy... :) Can't wait for my little boy to be like that... He's only a baby and we've only had him for a few days... But he's a smart lil guy and friendly as can be, and no not hand raised. Guess I emit friend waves, because even the wild Lorikeets and Cockatoo's and even the odd Kookaburra comes down to give me hello kisses... :) He's a beautiful bird. :)

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Amigo does those moves around bed time and also when larger birds are flying around his territory, (I free flight him), be aware of where your daughter is at all times and don't let her near him unsupervised, CLOSELY! It is a territorial move, to my knowledge. I have lived with a U2 for a few years now and he has never bit me, I think because he chose me to be his special one and only. Just be aware and I hope he'll love you all. This is just my experience that I'm sharing.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Toos are like that. They pick one person, and bond to them. They'll tolerate others, but, they can be picky. Mare is right about the children. Mickey may (or may not) see them as threats to her "mate", vying for his attention. My 'too, Snowflake, was bonded to me, and didn't want anyone else (birds or people) to have anything to do with me. They are great birds, but, can be very needy & possessive.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
Parrots
we call him Amigo!

Last summer, I was sitting on the lawn with some friends, who don't live here, and the ruckus he raised was amazing! He was in the oak tree at the edge of the lawn and the squawking, (screeching, screaming), that went on was relentless! All the time he was flapping his wings, just like in your video, trying to shoo these people away. They can be very possessive birds and down right obnoxious while trying to entertain! All kidding aside, watch out for your daughter. You adults will learn from experience with less scars.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Not to alarm anyone...Once, talking about cockatoos beaks, someone called them "can openers with wings". As I've mentioned, my Snowflake loved me immensely. But, I have 2 scars to remind me of her everyday.

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
Parrots
we call him Amigo!

I've always referred to their beaks as a surgical instrument attached to a face! I love my Amigo with no doubts. I just wish he could love others so that I could leave for a few days to a week and know that he, and the others, would be alive, and well, when I got home!

Most Reactions