Do you keep your parrot food available 24/7?

Antmf

Feb 14, 2011
When you feed your parrot do you keep the food in his or her dish all day or do you feed your bird like a dog ie: 2 times a day? Please let me know. Thanks...

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Sterretjie has access to her food from when she wakes up until I get home from work. I then throw away all the food and make her a new batch for dinner.

I dont have any food in her sleep cage.;)

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
i keep it in all day, birds pick at there food throughout the day. unless its something that spoils like chicken or egg, i leave that in for an hour or two, usually in the morning when birds are at their hungriest x

DustyDusky

Jan 7, 2010
Media
New York
Parrots
Dusty: Dusky Conure
I keep Dusty's food in his cage all day. If its fresh foods however I take it out after and hour or two in the cage

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I remove all food in the cage at bedtime, then start out fresh in the am. My avain vet suggested I do it this way. Birds in the wild do not eat at night either.

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Our birdies get all fresh food in the morning - sprouts, fruits, veggies, pellets - then they get spouts and fruit or veggies at dinner time (and usually part of our dinner, too). They have pellets available at night, but those are usually undisturbed in the morning.

birdiemomma

Dec 2, 2010
California
Parrots
My Hahn's Macaw Bella <3
I leave Bella's food in her cage at all times unless it is fresh food that spoils. Usually I will take that out after an hour or so!

Most Reactions

Latest posts