do your birds have an *ahem i am busy look???

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
well yesterday, nut was out all day :) she was really well behaved

then she decided the computer chair needed her attention! :11:
she was climbing all over it, and decided it needed re-modeling :p

i heard the distinctive, crunching bite sounds an turned chair, i asked her *WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING??

the look i got was priceless, kinda said it all, i could almost hear her saying
*woman i am busy, now go make yourself usefull an make me something to eat!

and funny enough i did, came back with some cut fruit to share!

Attachments

• nut botton of chair with the look.jpg
    nut botton of chair with the look.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 378
  • nut chew botton of chair.jpg
    nut chew botton of chair.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 545

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
LOL! Yes, I have gotten that look, mostly from my very bossy Rowdy though. But, Merlin tries to stop me from cleaning her cage and ruining the lovely nest she made for us. The last 3 days I just had to put her into her carrier to get it done. She grabs hold of the mess and tries to keep it, and then tries to stop me from putting in the new paper.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Great photos! At least her work is on the bottom of the chair. Humans are so dumb, Nuts been trying to get you in line for a long time!

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Cute photos! They sure can make a mess when not supervised. The first week we had Amigo, my son was off to school, and I let Amigo out to hang on top of his cage, not knowing better, I left the room to go take my shower. As I got out of the shower, I heard the whole house crying out, CRUNCH!! I threw on my robe, went running into his room and he was on the wood framed windowsill, half of which was in pieces on the floor, he pulls this eight inch long stick of wood out of his mouth, with his foot, and says, "HI THERE"!!

His look was so innocent and almost an, 'aren't you proud of me, look what I did' look, that I couldn't be upset with him, it was my fault not his. I pick him up while smiling through my tears, because I KNEW my husband was going to kill us both! I learned something new that day...don't leave a wood chewing bird out alone when living in a wood house!

OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
don't tell nut but i got a pic of her today looking like something the cat threw up! lmao

funny isn't it, no matter how bad they are, they can charm us into submission!:10:

an grrr when i looked under her feathers her pins are about to come through! so she'll be all itchy an scratchy, demanding a head sratch an lord help umu should i catch a feather wrong, an so far i have twice:11:

Attachments

• nuts bad hair day.jpg
    nuts bad hair day.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 336

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
Haha, Kito gives me that look whenever I catch her tearing apart one of my novels... Never run to the phone when the cage is open...

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
don't tell nut but i got a pic of her today looking like something the cat threw up! lmao

funny isn't it, no matter how bad they are, they can charm us into submission!:10:

an grrr when i looked under her feathers her pins are about to come through! so she'll be all itchy an scratchy, demanding a head sratch an lord help umu should i catch a feather wrong, an so far i have twice:11:

Yes, Pete has so many pins and in different places every day that I have to be really careful. I hit one today and he gave me a dirty look and opened his beak as a bite threat.

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
that looks an aweful lot like my chair. ;3

but yeah, klaus gives me that look all the time whenever he steals something random
and starts playing with it.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Puck totally does that. He gets mad if I interrupt him too, especially if it's something I don't want him to chew on.

"LEAVE ME ALONE, CAN'T YOU SEE I AM BUSY?! *BITE*BITE*BITE*"

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
Lol my finches a the PICKIEST eaters ever, its seed or egg food, occasional chopped almond, and if I'm lucky, shredded carrot, or they won't touch it! I spent an hour slaving in the kitchen making egg food, crumbling whole wheat bread, chopping veggies, washing fruit, looking up finch safe foods, and grinding egg shells. I put it in a bowl and into the cage it goes, an hour later, not a bite, they don't touch it, I put seed in and they attack it! But like you guys said, their little attitude makes me do it all over again next week :D!

gig

Mar 13, 2012
southeastern PA
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot, Bowie; Goffin's Cockatoo, Zazu;
5 beautiful finches
Yes, yes, yes! My finches are the same way. Fussy little things. Mine won't touch people food - I've wasted many an egg, fruit and veggie on them - and periodically, still do! I just make sure they get herbs and "Hatched" sterilized crushed eggshells in their seed mix. Calcium and vitamin supplements a few times a week. They're tougher cookies than the parrots! Beautiful though...This is Mr. Biv, my orange head Lady Gouldian with RainBow (red head normal) barely visible on his right. Missing from the shot is Storm (red head white breast) and my 2 owls, Archimedes and Darwin - or as I refer to them, "the girls".

Last edited:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*

Oh that is too funny , lol
What a funny expression she has on her face !
Now those are great shots !

Mare Miller , Amigo was just trying to do some remodeling for you :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*

Gig , those are pretty finches , their coloring is so amazing !

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Gig, those really are beautiful finches. I wonder why I have never had any finches? They are so cute!

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Hahaha! That picture is too funny!

gig

Mar 13, 2012
southeastern PA
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot, Bowie; Goffin's Cockatoo, Zazu;
5 beautiful finches
They are Lady Gouldian Finches. The males have the most vivid colors. The females are the same colors but paler - not as vibrant. Mine (3 males) just finished a molt - so these are brand new feathers! Finches are so different from hookbills. They don't finger tame easily (or at all!) and they are always flighted. The Lady Gouldians are particularly susceptible to many ailments and problems if husbandry is off. They can be quite a chore to care for properly and are not interactive - they are for being admired - and they know it! I do love mine - their song is quite relaxing. I also have 2 owl finches. They're very cute, too!

Attachments

• New Owls 029.jpg
    New Owls 029.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 226
OP
suebee

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
They are Lady Gouldian Finches. The males have the most vivid colors. The females are the same colors but paler - not as vibrant. Mine (3 males) just finished a molt - so these are brand new feathers! Finches are so different from hookbills. They don't finger tame easily (or at all!) and they are always flighted. The Lady Gouldians are particularly susceptible to many ailments and problems if husbandry is off. They can be quite a chore to care for properly and are not interactive - they are for being admired - and they know it! I do love mine - their song is quite relaxing. I also have 2 owl finches. They're very cute, too!

they are beautiful
we are all slaves to our birds in some ways:11::10::D

Zuzu

Sep 24, 2012
Media
Sloan,NY
Parrots
Sengal Parrot
Zuzu def has that look quite a few times esp when he's cleaning or pruning himself, and you just walk by and open the cage for him to climb out and go up top, i think the only he forgets what he's concentrating on at the time is when u open his food dish door and toss in a peanut he changes his posture and everything, runs over and has to crack it open even if he's not in the mood to eat something about that shell, normally he'll take his time and devour the nut inside, but other times if he don't want it he'll crack, crush and destroy the shell til its outta his dish weather he eats the nut or not.

Most Reactions