Does anyone's amazon do these things?

Clueless

Feb 14, 2012
Missouri
Parrots
Secret & MC, two blue front amazons
When we get home - MC will climb DOWN the bars of his cage and walk around on the bottom of his cage. He doesn't really do anything except chatter . . . . . then comes back up to his perch.

Secret - my bird of a different feather - has moments that all feathers are flared, the eyes are pinned, and stalks down the perch with the beak open and tongue touching the perch the whole way. Thankfully these moments are now few and far between - but I wonder if it is a scare tactic that is being tried on us?

By the way - I knew they didn't like vacuum cleaner noise - but I found out they don't even like the blender running in the kitchen!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Our amazons will both occasionally go down to the very bottom of the cage, Rasta will usually climb down there and just sit and look around and then Reggie will climb down and join her and then they will sit down there just preening each other for a few minutes before they return back to the top of their cage(their door is always open.).

oled

Jul 10, 2011
South Sweden
Parrots
Ville a double yellow head Amazon
Some time Ville is doing it, just thinking he is playing tuf, bur really dont know. When he is "on" me he is not tuf, he knows that I am not a freight of him

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Codie often goes down to the bottom of her Cage and walks around, or if she has dropped a Toy she will go down to retrieve it.

She will tolerate the Hoover, but does not like any other loud noises.

Beako_N_Kiwi

Mar 28, 2012
California
Parrots
Our Rescues:

Beako - age 22- Yellow Crowned Amazon

Kiwi - age 9 - Yellow Naped Amazon

Paco - age 28 - Yellow Naped/Yellow Crowned
Both of those behaviors seem totally, totally normal. Kiwi will often climb down to the bottom of her cage when I'm sitting down there cleaning or picking up papers - then I baby talk her ;) Also, when she is outside of her cage, she loves standing on the door, and will often climb down the door and stand on the edge of the cage! So funny! When Kiwi and Beako talk a bunch, they flare their tails and pin their eyes with excitement. NOTE: this is not a good time to try to get them to step up! So avoid that time with yours :)

Most Reactions