Does your bird go for coffee?

eddiejk1

Oct 18, 2014
Thanks to all for the info on caffeine for birds....I didn't know that, & have recently let my conure have a few sips of coffee over the last few weeks......now I"m worried that he may get sick. Does anyone think the minimal amount I've given him will do him any harm, providing I don't give him anymore? Thanks in advance for your info!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
So, my question is, does anyone else's bird like coffee and why might this be?

LOL, although they shouldn't drink coffee at all, it's hard to get them away! As soon as Parry sees me with my coffee mug he just flies over and tries to dive in. I even got exactly same cup filled with orange juice (that he loves) to distract him, but he is pretty obnoxious trying to get my coffee. He likes hot tea as well, and I allow him to have some (it's half black half herbal, so not that bad) :) I'm not sure he actually ever got to drink my coffee, maybe one sip or so, but he is addicted no less than me. LOL

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
We dont really drink coffee, no coffee maker or anything, but judging by how Flick gets with ANY drink, especially anything with ice, or anything flavored, I bet she would go crazy for it given the chance. of course we dont let her drink chemical flavors, but she does occasionally get fruit or veggie juice which I juice myself from fresh produce.

Most Reactions

Latest posts