Does your conure like their beaks scratched? (video included)

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Does your conure like their beak scratched? (video included)

Guava really enjoys getting her beak scratched. I'm sure she isn't the only gcc who likes this.

[ame=http://youtu.be/AEaoBs5EJaU?hd=1]Green cheek conure likes beak scratched - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Cute video!! She is adorable! Mozzie loves his beak rubbed too. But my Sun and Jenday Conure (Sunny and Bo) don't care as much. I guess they each have their own tastes as to what they like.

Winston1Smith2

Mar 19, 2010
Cracker also likes to have his beak scritched. His favorite spots to be scritched, however, are the top of his head, the area right below his eyes, and on his neck right below his beak.

OP
lexx510

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Cracker also likes to have his beak scritched. His favorite spots to be scritched, however, are the top of his head, the area right below his eyes, and on his neck right below his beak.

That seems to be Guava's favorite as well. Don't you just love the way they tilt their little heads and close their eyes while being scratched?

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
My budgie likes that haha and her cere its cute:)

Winston1Smith2

Mar 19, 2010
That seems to be Guava's favorite as well. Don't you just love the way they tilt their little heads and close their eyes while being scratched?[/QUOTE]

I do not think there is anything to dislike about Greencheeks. They have to be the closest thing to a bullet proof parrot in the world. One of my favorite things about Cracker is how friendly he is. I read alot about certain parrots becoming one person birds. I do not have to worry about that with Cracker. When I bring over some of my most trusted friends Cracker delights himself and my friends by sitting on thier shoulder, stepping up on thier finger, and allowing them to hand feed him his favorite treats (getting scritched and eating are Crackers favorite things to do. For such a small bird Cracker is one great big pig!). I do not know if all Greencheeks are like Cracker and Guava, but I think they have to be one of the most friendly parrots in parrotdom.

Most Reactions

Latest posts