Does your flock have an alpha?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
My Sun conure is the biggest bird but is so sweet to all the birds including the budgies. He moves slow and calm. He's more interested (when he's mischivous) in effing with me for lulz then the other birds. The green cheek (best friend brother of the sun conure), and the quaker seem to have almost, but not quite, equal status, normally the gcc is more in charge, they preen eachother but the quaker also has a side guy that is a budgie. The budgies seem to have a game of thrones trope going on on but Zebra and Yellow (quaker Bugieboyfriend) are on top of that. The other budgies just kinda squable and change positions.

So they question is does your flock have an alpha and does it keep the peace? You have probably seen the quaker breaks up budgie fight I've posted before.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My Sun conure is the biggest bird but is so sweet to all the birds including the budgies. He moves slow and calm. He's more interested (when he's mischivous) in effing with me for lulz then the other birds. The green cheek (best friend brother of the sun conure), and the quaker seem to have almost, but not quite, equal status, normally the gcc is more in charge, they preen eachother but the quaker also has a side guy that is a budgie. The budgies seem to have a game of thrones trope going on on but Zebra and Yellow (quaker Bugieboyfriend) are on top of that. The other budgies just kinda squable and change positions.

So they question is does your flock have an alpha and does it keep the peace? You have probably seen the quaker breaks up budgie fight I've posted before.
So which one is Alpha Bird?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
The sun conure AC short for arther curry (aquaman) as the Sun conure is 67% duck. As it love the waters....

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
so in all your "lots of budgies" is one mostly in charge?

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Tequila is the queen of my flock! (crimson bellied conure). No one is allowed to misbehave on her watch and she's the only bird I have that gets on with everyone else. My others have birds in the flock that they don't like, but Tequila generally gets on with everyone, even the budgies. She's been a big help in helping my rescue birds adjust and settle in. She's always the first to greet a new bird and will allow them into her personal space without being aggressive. I think it's because she was aviary raised and I got her at a young age, so she has a good temperament and knows she's a bird and what birds do whereas my rescue ones all have some kind of trauma in their lives. She even tried to help my budgies when they had babies and I have a picture of her trying to preen one of the babies! Oh and she breaks up fights too, not that they happen often. I just wish she liked me more as she just wants to kill me these days :ROFLMAO:

I bet your flock keep you busy! You have quite a few of them!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Charlie, my Peach Front Conure, is definitely the alpha in my flock. He's forever pestering Redshift, my cockatiel and all he has to do is lean over and hiss to hint he doesn't like something. Hint taken!

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
seems like it's always a conure thats like "Nope Im in charge"

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
this is a super late reply, but this question is tempting me to answer it -

My flock's alpha is Yuko. Back before Luna's passing, Snowii and Luna would always quarrel over a toy, food, water, or anything, really! When Luna decided to explore my shirt, out of jealousy, snowii shouts and chases her off.
But yuko is as peaceful and well-mannered. He has almost no enemy due to his amount of handsomeness that snowii has fallen for him. And during the quarrels, he usually steals Luna away to hangout with her (since they both are mates, but now that Luna's gone, he hangs out with snowii or he just likes to sing his song and head bob, well, he does his singing 24/7) Yuko's the oldest in the flock (almost 3 years old) and Snowii's the youngest (it's been almost a year ever since I got her as a 2 month old.). I was expecting yuko to get close to snowii, but he doesn't seem to have any interest in her and minds his own business, and when he is getting disturbed, he doesn't fight back and just backs away. what a leader he is!

Most Reactions

Latest posts