Don't Try To Spend a $2 Bill At Walmart!!!

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Generally all this scam (reluctance for $2 bills, new $100, $500s etc.) seems like part of the ultimate plan to get rid of the cash at all, and this way to gain more control over the citizens....

I just can't believe it happens in the "mythical" Usa which is "marketed" as a freedom-heaven (at least, used to be)...

OP
EllenD

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Oh I did complain to corporate, but they told me that it was up to the store general manager based on them seeing the video from "Loss Prevention", because they needed proof of me handing the cashier the money...

And the cop did say that the $2 was legal and that's why he laughed and just left, but it's completely at the discretion of each individual store whether or not they want to accept legal tender...They can refuse any money they want to if there is a "reason", like if a bill is torn or there's writing on it, or all of these stores that are refusing to take the new $100 bills. I keep seeing stories about all kinds of stores refusing them, but only Walmart stores are actually cutting the new $100 bills up, right in front of the customers. There are a few videos of this happening on YouTube, and go figure, they are all African-American customers paying with the new $100 that are having them cut in half by Walmart...So bad...

So my saga continues...I just got back from Walmart once again...I asked for the General Manager, who was off today, but the Assistant Manager came to the service desk...I gave them my complaint # from corporate and told them that they were supposed to have Loss-Prevention look at the video from the other day, verify that I handed the cashier $12, and then refund my $10 back...He passed it to the sales manager who called the police on me in the first place, so I gave her the complaint # from corporate, and she disappeared for half an hour. She came back and told me they were "still looking to see if they still have the video", which corporate told me is all digital and all stored, because I specifically asked corporate what would happen if they had already deleted the video...So I came home, called corporate again, and gave them the update that "They're trying to find the video and verify that they still have it", and are supposed to call me back by the end of this week...I finally asked the corporate person if they were willing to just give me a $10 Walmart Gift Card instead of the $10, that way they'll just be getting it back...AND THEY REFUSED! I'm pissed now, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever been through!

So the epic saga continues...

Most Reactions