Apr 7, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
3 Cockatiels: Simon, Daisy and Sweetpea
1 Umbrella Cockatoo: Chula
1 Triton Cockatoo: Bird
1 Blue Crown Conure: Kongo
1 Black Capped Conure: Midori
So while at a bird fair this weekend, my bf and I walk into a room and I spot her right away...my dream bird since I was a little girl...a young hyacinth macaw. We walk over and she's just itchin for attention so we pet her a bit and the breeder asked if we wanted to hold her; my bf said my eyes lit up like a kid at Christmas time. Here's a few pics he took of me and her. (Don't mind the hair, I put it up so someone wouldn't start preening :blue: )

preciousangeljs25-albums-random-pictures-picture1804-my-bf-said-soon-i-spotted-her-my-eyes-lit-up-like-kids-christmas-he-had-never-seen-me-so-happy-hyacinths-have-always-been-my-dream-birds-bird-fair-i-got-snuggle-sweet-girl.jpg

preciousangeljs25-albums-random-pictures-picture1805-more-snuggle-time.jpg

preciousangeljs25-albums-random-pictures-picture1806-breeder-thought-she-might-want-play-these-key-toys-but-she-still-preferred-snuggle-some-more.jpg

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
What a wonderful dream and it came true, such an awesome feeling
You sure looked so happy holding him.
I had the same experience a about a year ago, you never ever forget the feeling
Thanks for sharing

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
He's beautiful!!!!! I would love to hold one!!!! :)

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Hyacinths are amazing birds. I've been lucky enough to be able to interact with one from time to time. It's amazing that they so big yet so incredibly gentle.

JJones1719

Mar 9, 2011
Media
MD
Parrots
7 Year old SI Eclectus named Guapo, I have a 6 year old GW Macaw named Neleno
So, are you getting the Hy? How much was the breeder selling them for. Hy can be very expensive. If you like the personality of the HY, you may also love the personality of the GW for half the cost. Best of luck Joe

OP
P

PreciousAngelJS25

Apr 7, 2011
Alabama
Parrots
3 Cockatiels: Simon, Daisy and Sweetpea
1 Umbrella Cockatoo: Chula
1 Triton Cockatoo: Bird
1 Blue Crown Conure: Kongo
1 Black Capped Conure: Midori
Sadly no, I can't afford a Hyacinth right now, but me and my bf are saving up for one. I told him instead of an engagement ring he can help me buy my Hyacinth :p And he agreed. I will look into the GW (I'm guessing that stands for green-wing right?) though, but I must admit having a hyacinth macaw has been a life long dream of mine. Thanks for the suggestion though!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You also need a very good cage to house that big baby!!! Their beaks can tear a cage up real good. My partner asked me if I wanted one I said id love to if we ever win the lottery....lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts