Dried up blood on beak?

Pilaf

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Pineapple/cinnamon green cheek conure
Echo, my 4 month old cinnamon green cheek had a crop swab last Wednesday. Afterwards his beak bleed a bit. I told the vet and they looked at it, and it turned out he had bitten on the spatula during the crop swab and had a minor booboo on his beak because of it. I just had to keep a eye on him if he kept eating and I had to give him inflammatory meds for 3 days. Echo is doing fine, he's energetic and eating well. But at the spot where he was bleeding it's black. Maybe dried up blood or something. Or a scab. I thought it would go away but it's still there. Does anybody know what it might be? Or should I worry?

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
it's probably a scab, it will be a few days, while the flesh underneath heals. I'd give it a few more days, say Monday morning, then maybe schedule a vet visit if it's not any better. Since he's eating and drinking fine. The mouth area should heal the fastest out of any part of any animals body, including humans.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Just keep an eye on it, a mouth injury can be the most serious, it's why the mouth heals the fastest...survival of the species.

OP
Pilaf

Pilaf

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Parrots
Pineapple/cinnamon green cheek conure
I just made a photo. I hope you can see it. You can see a bit of black on the edge of his lower beak. The photo is very small.

This coming Friday he has a check up at the vet as well actually. So then they can look at it as well.

http://i.imgur.com/qzTWZ7K.jpg?1

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
it will probably be gone by friday, I barely see it

Most Reactions