Drum Roll Please....

Crazy Bird

Feb 22, 2010
Ok so I chose the Alexandrine! As much as I've always loved Greys once I learned more and more about the Alex's I was hooked. My new baby came home on Saturday at 8 wks old. I'm still handfeeding twice a day and everything is going really well. Question, will the "poop" change in frequency/amount etc. once he/she's off handfeeding formula? And I'm hoping you guys will help me with name ideas? The breeder "thinks" it's female but I won't know for sure till later in the fall when I have DNA sexing done so I want a unisex name... My current favs are: Remy, Koli, Hatch and Crosby... So give me your votes/suggestions!

2cndoa8.jpg

Doreen916

Apr 7, 2010
York, Pa
Parrots
Herbie - CAG
Leo - White-bellied Caique
Fozzie - Fallow Greencheek
Ziggy - tiel
Zoe - tile
Aww... "she" looks sweet! I'm voting for Remy!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I like Remy, too. My Alex, Max, came to us as a male, but we have no proof. So, if/when we get a DNA test done - it could become Maxine.

As for the poop - birds usually poop about every 15-20 min and the consistency can vary. What does "his" look like?

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
So adorable. I watch the birds personality first and then pick a name. Of the names you listed I prefer Crosby.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Crosby and Remy are my favorites, but like SB said; watching the way 'she' behaves should help with your decision.

OP
C

Crazy Bird

Feb 22, 2010
I like Remy, too. My Alex, Max, came to us as a male, but we have no proof. So, if/when we get a DNA test done - it could become Maxine.

As for the poop - birds usually poop about every 15-20 min and the consistency can vary. What does "his" look like?

It's pretty messy now... Alot of "liquid" in it, the breeder says it's due to being on the formula and should firm up once weaned. So that'll be nice.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
What a awesome looking bird.
As SB mentioned, wait a while, before choosing a name, "he will let you know" LoL
I had 7 names for my bird. When my AG arrived, we searched the net, two weeks later, we came across the name Mishka.....
which means "gift of love". She lives up to her name, each and every day.
Good luck,
Keep us updated with your name choice.

Last edited:

Most Reactions