during the night

andreavizzuso

Apr 9, 2012
Hi guy,
I have a doubt and I would like to shed light on it;
I'm wondering whether the little one parrots have to be hand fed the night as well; I have had some experiences in the past, and I have given them the first meal about at 7.00 a.m and the last about at 11.00 p.m;
The frequency between two meal depends as old the bird is (I know it);
I'm wondering,would I have to give the meal during the night as well or did I grow up well my hand fed parrots?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

OP
A

andreavizzuso

Apr 9, 2012
Hi Jersey Wendy,
I'm referring to birds that have just hatched from the egg until to weaned birds;
I never have fed them (the night) regardless from the age;
Do you deem it's wrong?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I personally haven't raised babies from day 1. However, my good friend did this for a long time, and yes, she fed them every several hours, INCLUDING during the night until their eyes opened.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Most peoples who handfeed have varying opinions. i'd suggest buy this book from amazon.com . Used it's cheap and a life saver when dealing with baby parrots. "Parrots, handfeeding and nursery managment " by Howard Voren and Rick Jordan

Most Reactions