Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I was vacuuming this morning and my phone happened to be nearby. I thus caught a bit of Salsa acting out :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YPkTlG5Lvo"]Eagle Bird-dog at a Cubs game! - YouTube[/ame]

robopetz

Dec 2, 2012
Hawaii
Parrots
Congo African Grey - Beemo, Sun Conure - Charlie, Lovebird - Benny, Zsa Zsa - Cockatiel, Poot - Red Vented Bulbul
Such cute vidoes like these are dangerous, makes me want to add to my flock! Hahahaha thanks for sharing.

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
that was awesome! The perfect fan for the eagles, the cubs, and dogs!
HAHA! that's my Salsa! Thanks for the kind remarks, everyone :)

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
OMG..such a precious parrot! Love how happy and loved he looks and love his antics. Thank you so much for sharing him with us. Lupe used the camara to video the moments I took Valentino out of his carrier after we got him home from the airport. Needless to say you can see me crying in the video because Valentino was a dream come true.

Not sure how I would share the video though. I always enjoy your uploads of your flock.

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Thanks guys! He truly is a precious guy, isn't he? And Tab, I too love love love Salsa to pieces... how could I not? :D

noblemacaw: You'll have to sign up for a YouTube account (if you don't already have one) and then upload the video. Once you've done that you'll be provided with the video's URL, which you can then paste in a message to post here. Hope that helps.

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
Thanks Plax that does help. I kind of figured I would have to use youtube to share the video. I am just not sure I want to show the world my crying while I am holding Valentino. I am sure he was way confused with my crying as I am talking softly to him.

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Thanks Plax that does help. I kind of figured I would have to use youtube to share the video. I am just not sure I want to show the world my crying while I am holding Valentino. I am sure he was way confused with my crying as I am talking softly to him.
Personally, I think it would be quite touching. But then I'm the sensitive type so I appreciate things like that - especially when it comes to parrots :eek::)

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Haha... Salsa is adorable..

Regarding YouTube, can you make videos private so the whole world doesn't see them? But people you want to see them can?

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Haha... Salsa is adorable..
Thanks kindly :)

Regarding YouTube, can you make videos private so the whole world doesn't see them? But people you want to see them can?
Yes. There is an 'Unlisted' option and a 'Private' option, in addition to the "Public" option. I use the 'Unlisted' option for the videos of my birds that I post here. With this option no one can find your videos by browsing or searching for them on YouTube or searching on the Internet. That is, only those you provide with the URLs will be able to view your videos. If you use the 'Private' option no one will be able to see your videos except you.

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Thanks for that YouTube info.

I can't stop watching this vid its so funny.. I can't decide who is funnier Salsa or you... "It's a dog in a bird suit. " haha

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Thanks for that YouTube info.

I can't stop watching this vid its so funny.. I can't decide who is funnier Salsa or you... "It's a dog in a bird suit. " haha
I'm glad you enjoy it so much, Aims :D

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
How did you teach him to do that or had he already learned that when you got him. I think that was the best video yet:)

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
How did you teach him to do that or had he already learned that when you got him. I think that was the best video yet:)
All the credit for the things Sals did in this video clip goes to his deceased and dearly missed mom, Terrie Morris (my special and cherished friend who, IMO, was one of the best Macaw moms to ever grace this planet :(). Terrie was absolutely amazing! I have no doubt that Salsa has such an amazing personality largely because of her.

Alwese

Jul 25, 2010
Media
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
Clifford-Scarlet Macaw
Kayko- B&G Macaw
Doogie - Catalina Hybrid Macaw
When I got Kayko a decade ago he already did the "Eagle" thing. We say "W-I-N-G-S Kayko" with a sing-songly way that he responds to. Clifford then learned to do wings from what he saw Kayko do. My wife is an avid football fan and regularly screams durring football games on TV. Naturally Clifford had to pick up on that and now does that game scream when he gets really stirred up. Sunday afternoon it was beautiful here and I took Cliff and Kayko to the outdoor mall. They had a little loud band set up in the park in the middle playing Christmas Carols. Clifford must have thought it was a football game and started his game whooping. Salsa is classic Plax! If ever I thought I wanted a Greenwing it is after watching this video... him and that head bobbing too! What a character!

OP
plax

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Hey, thanks for the kind words about Sals, you two :). I have to admit he's quite a bird!

Most Reactions