Parrots
DYH Amazon
OP
Flboy

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Happy ending!
ASHFORD, Conn. (WHDH) — A bald eagle that was reported stolen from a wildlife rehab center in Connecticut was found safe on the property Tuesday morning.

The eagle, named Atka, was reported missing Monday morning when staffers at Horizon Wings in Ashford found the bird’s empty cage, according to Ferncroft Wildlife Rescue.

Staffers told police that they believe Atka was taken from his cage late Sunday night or early Monday morning. Atka had been rehabbing with MaryBeth Kaeser because he can not fly.

In an announcement Tuesday, the rehab center said, “We are so happy to announce that Atka is home! He was found safe on our property this morning.”

https://whdh.com/news/bald-eagle-that-was-reported-stolen-from-wildlife-rehab-center-found-safe/

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.

Thanks for the Link!

Why is it that I find the likelihood of too much Beer likely being at the foundation of this story. Hey Dude, lets grab that Eagle...
And, then they found the meaning of being feather face slapped while their gut was being cut open by the sharp claws...
I wonder myself. Most people don't realize how sharp their claws are. Good reasons we wear the large falconry gloves. A eagle is pretty powerful hence very large hooked beak for ripping flesh from their prey, very strong, muscular legs, and powerful talons. Good reason they are considered apex predators. I hope that Eagle taught them a valuable lesson, "got a few cuts in" before they returned it and realized how stupid and boneheaded move it was to steal the Eagle. It right up there as stealing a Lion. They are quite powerful and have the intelligence of a larger parrot.

I suspect a lot of alcohol was involved and a friend made a bet?

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad the story had a happy ending for the eagle. As for the miscreants.... perhaps they will wear scars of shame.

Most Reactions