Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We recently had Pisces, our WCP and Luna, our IRN, on an egg laying spree, and I was surprised to see how close in size the eggs were. We took a picture of them next to a chicken egg, and thought I'd share.
namedeggs_zpsg981cewz.jpg

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
How interesting! The Indian ringneck egg has a funny shape, it looks round rather than oval. Thanks for sharing. I hope the egg laying spree is finished though.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
How interesting! The Indian ringneck egg has a funny shape, it looks round rather than oval. Thanks for sharing. I hope the egg laying spree is finished though.

Thankfully we were able to get the egg laying under control! Pisces was out of control, we changed her cage around, took the eggs, left the eggs..and finally we didn't let her out of her cage unless we were holding her for a few days as she would go straight to the floor and under a cage and that seemed to do the trick.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I've been going thru this with Venus and I've had to make her stay in her cage, no out time other being with me and so far she has calmed down but keeps trying to be nesty at any opportunity she thinks she has. Thanks for sharing, now I feel confident I'm doing the right thing with her. No eggs since April!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Very interesting Terri. I didn't know IRNs laid roundish eggs! Are those 2 your only layers?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I've been going thru this with Venus and I've had to make her stay in her cage, no out time other being with me and so far she has calmed down but keeps trying to be nesty at any opportunity she thinks she has. Thanks for sharing, now I feel confident I'm doing the right thing with her. No eggs since April!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tracy, I have been following your thread as Pisces was going through it as well. She laid a dozen eggs within a couple month period and I was worried sick. She hasn't laid one now in over a month, and I do think it helped keeping her in her cage unless she was with us. The fact that it seems to be helping Venus too makes me think we may be onto something. Fingers crossed that they both are done with the eggs!

Very interesting Terri. I didn't know IRNs laid roundish eggs! Are those 2 your only layers?

I have one Lovie who lays eggs every once in awhile, and that's the only other one. I know for sure we have 2 other females, Darwin (Hawkhead) and Callie (DYH), and thank goodness neither have laid any. I don't know if it is because of their age, but whatever the reason I am grateful. Darwin is 25 and Callie is between 52 and 62.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Thanks Scott, I found it interesting how close the 2 eggs were in size. Wish I would have saved a Lovebird egg to put next to them, but thankfully she wasn't laying at the same time. My friend wanted the eggs and emptied and cleaned them and is starting a collection of different species eggs. I will have her take pictures of others as they come along.

Most Reactions