Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Good morning everyone. Thank you for the hugs and prayers and well wishes. I am very saddened to say that my little girl didn't make it through the night. My dad burried her in our garden and then proceeded to tell me he was changing her food and she flew away. It's his standard explanation when any of our birds pass away no matter how old I get lol as a kid I used to believe it. She will be missed dearly. My flock is now 11 and we are very sad. Thank you everyone for the kind words and the encouragement along the way. I m off to prepare breakfast for the fids. I think a treat of boiled eggs in their morning meal with some cherries should be lovely. Have a nice day everyone. And thank you. Hugs.

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
I'm very sorry for loss, and I give you my hugs and condolences.

Hopefully this would make things a little lighter, but your budgie was 10 years old! Completely broke the life expectancy of budgies, and it mustve been an amazing decade being cared by you. You had a lil soldier.

OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Good morning EAI thank you for your kind words. Hugs. How are you and your flock? She was quite the trooper. I have three more budgies that are her age and on my birthday I recieved a pair of four week old budgies that are the sweetest little birds. In our flock there are amazon parrots, cockatiels, budgies, a pair of Fischer lovebirds and toe honourary turtles :)

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots

Izzy has passed away a few days ago, it hurts saying what happened so I know how youre feeling but I need to keep moving.

That is quite a flock x) I've been wanting more budgies

OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
I understand completely. Perhaps in time you can add to your flock I m sure izzy would like knowing you re doing well and keeping his memory alive in your heart :). Hugs. I hope you have a lovely day :)

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots

I possibly am, my friend is thinking about rehoming her parakeets.
And thank you, thats actually the nicest thing someone said regarding Izzy, have a nice day as well

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry to read this:( I was hoping that she would recover. But she had a wonderful, long life with you, and it is obvious how much you loved her. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that you did give her a great life, and that she is now flying free.
Sending you hugs this morning.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh, so sad… I can feel your pain. But maybe it's comforting to think that she had a wonderful long life with those who dearly loved her.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I am so sorry for your loss:( Budgies unfortunately do not have as long of a lifespan as other birds, so she lived well into old age for her species. If it is any comfort, it sounds like she lived a full life where she was loved and cherished:) Best of luck with the new babies.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm very sorry to hear about your Budgie, she was a "he". I was a bit concerned when I saw all the rust on the bars of that cage. I would highly advise in disposing that cage if you were to get another bird. That cage is not usable anymore!!! I really wonder about heavy metal poisoning and such. But due to his age, it could of been anything really.....

OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Good morning all. Thank you for your hugs, prayers, well wishes and condolences. I m doing a bit better today. Thinking of taking the tiels to the beach today if the weather permits. I agree the cage is in terrible shape but it was all I could find on a public holiday got it from a friend we discarded it after because it's a tetanus risk. Thank you so much for the warm words. The support on this forum is wonderful and heart warming. I hope everyone and their fids are well. Thank you once again. Hugs.

Most Reactions

Latest posts