Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
Oh, @Featherii_Fids, I am so sorry for your lost. I, and most of the parronts here have lost feathered friends in the past. Rest in peace, Luna. Maybe she will meet Bean and Sprout, my feisty male budgies. Iā€™m sure other birbs thatā€¦. Went to another world will welcome her whole-heartedly. I share your pain though I have not met with Luna, Iā€™m sure she was a wonderful little fellow. Ruby says to give her her best wishes.

From, Fluff ( My nickname) and Ruby
Thank you very much, Fluff and ruby! you guys made me feel better.
I'm pretty sure Luna's going to be having lots of fun up there, Especially with bean and sprout.
She was indeed wonderful and special in her own ways, an adorable, peaceful feathery companion she was. I think Snowii misses her as she seemed rather quite today, Yuko is doing calls, Which I'm guessing is because of how Luna doesn't seem to be around. Hopefully I will get over this, We may Add another bird into the flock! But Never can anybirdy Replace Luna. I am so glad I found this forum, Unlike my own relatives, you guys understand my sadness :'D My relatives usually say; ' ' It's just a bird, why don't you buy another? ' ' They just don't understand Q-Q

Thank you again, Ruby, Fluff!

OP
Featherii_Fids

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
I'm so sorry. It's very hard to have a pet pass away, and in many ways when the cause is something like an injury it can be hard not to blame ourselves. Please don't blame yourself. You did what you could. You came to the forums for help, you monitored her closely... I'm sure she was comforted by your presence.

As for your other birds, especially her mate: spend lots of time with them. With you showering them with attention, they'll adjust quickly. Occasionally eat your meals or have a snack by their cage so they can eat at the same time as you. Bonus points if it's something you can share, like unseasoned veggies. Sometimes I notice when my birds mourn they lose interest in food.
Noted! I'm going to start Training sessions with yuko Until we find him a new birdy friend to keep him busy.
Yuko Loves to explore my shirt's texture and pattern too, he and snowii love to climb into my sleeve, into my pockets and such. I'll Also buy my featherbabies some new toys (hopefully Snowii doesn't destroy them in the way they're not supposed to be-) So that can keep my yuki boi from plucking his feathers off.
As for Luna, I am still sad for her. She was beautiful, truly stunning bird. But bird raising has its up and downs, So I'll get over this eventually :)
Thank you.

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
I'm pretty sure Luna's going to be having lots of fun up there, Especially with bean and sprout.
She was indeed wonderful and special in her own ways, an adorable, peaceful feathery companion she was. I think Snowii misses her as she seemed rather quite today, Yuko is doing calls, Which I'm guessing is because of how Luna doesn't seem to be around. Hopefully I will get over this, We may Add another bird into the flock! But Never can anybirdy Replace Luna. I am so glad I found this forum, Unlike my own relatives, you guys understand my sadness :'D My relatives usually say; ' ' It's just a bird, why don't you buy another? ' ' They just don't understand Q-Q

Completely agreed! Others who are not parronts donā€™t understand our pain. They say, ā€œ Just a bird! Not a dog or something, so why sulk for it? It donā€™t even have emotions.ā€ Or ā€œ Itā€™s just a decoration! You can buy a new one!ā€ *sigh. None understands OUR PAIN, not just in losing birds, but hearing someone say it. And it is partly true. Some birds, (more in the past) are kept in round cages and justā€¦ sing and ā€˜decorateā€™ the house.
Rubyā€™s sad, really. She sand some ā€˜songsā€™ that would have sounded like a grieving person yesterday!

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)

Hi Featherii_Fids

You are right, these birds are able to feel and express most of the emotions we do. They feel jealousy, fear, grief, love among may others.

There is a lot of information now regarding birds intelligence and cognitive skills, you might want to take a look. Most of it was truly studied by scientist, just take a look in another thread in this forum showing lovebirds can recognize themselves in front of a mirror. https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/lovebirds-can-self-recognize.100694/#post-1062734

Take care

OP
Featherii_Fids

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Hi Featherii_Fids

You are right, these birds are able to feel and express most of the emotions we do. They feel jealousy, fear, grief, love among may others.

There is a lot of information now regarding birds intelligence and cognitive skills, you might want to take a look. Most of it was truly studied by scientist, just take a look in another thread in this forum showing lovebirds can recognize themselves in front of a mirror. https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/lovebirds-can-self-recognize.100694/#post-1062734

Take care
my my.. so no wonder snowii keeps on staring at herself in the mirror! a load of thanks to you for lending this!

Most Reactions