Exciting news !

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
When I get back off my holiday im going to veiw some baby cockatiels with mr stitch !

So exciting.i found an add on line for a breeder creating a waiting list for her hand reared babies as they are currently a few days old with 3 more due to hatch . She dna tests them at 5 weeks and has a tiktok page with daily updates on how the bubs are doing, she also starts harness training too!

So exciting!!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Exciting but be prepared for the "Adding a new parrot" crap shoot as far as compatibility.
We are fully prepared for the worst possible out come : expect the worst but hope for the best 😅

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
What's teil puberty like ?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Super exciting news, Stitch!! Congrats in advance on your soon-to-be new baby!!

'Tiel puberty is probably one of the less traumatic experiences, at least it always has been for me with mine. The only one i really ever had trouble with was Fang, but only because he fell in love with our "then" 'tiel hen, Twinkle. I don't know that you'd have too much problem with Albie being a hen if you got a 'tiel rooster - but having said that my princess parrot has fallen MADLY in love with my lorikeet rooster, so it goes to show you just never can tell!!

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
I couldn't even tell my female went through it to be honest, until one day she just started trying to mate with my conure (lying down making noises), but as far as temperament she never changed. I got my male cockatiel when he was three years old so he'd already gone through it, and though both my tiels are hormonal at times, they're both so easy to look after. My female cockatiel has laid eggs in the past but if I tell her to come out of her cage she does with no problems, and the male one just follows her.

I think it depends on the bird but I'm confident that it's far easier than conures

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Super exciting news, Stitch!! Congrats in advance on your soon-to-be new baby!!

'Tiel puberty is probably one of the less traumatic experiences, at least it always has been for me with mine. The only one i really ever had trouble with was Fang, but only because he fell in love with our "then" 'tiel hen, Twinkle. I don't know that you'd have too much problem with Albie being a hen if you got a 'tiel rooster - but having said that my princess parrot has fallen MADLY in love with my lorikeet rooster, so it goes to show you just never can tell!!
With my hand raised male tiel, puberty was a non-event.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I couldn't even tell my female went through it to be honest, until one day she just started trying to mate with my conure (lying down making noises), but as far as temperament she never changed. I got my male cockatiel when he was three years old so he'd already gone through it, and though both my tiels are hormonal at times, they're both so easy to look after. My female cockatiel has laid eggs in the past but if I tell her to come out of her cage she does with no problems, and the male one just follows her.

I think it depends on the bird but I'm confident that it's far easier than conures
So fingers crossed easier than Albies ??? 🤣

Saravp

Aug 20, 2023
Parrots
None
When I get back off my holiday im going to veiw some baby cockatiels with mr stitch !

So exciting.i found an add on line for a breeder creating a waiting list for her hand reared babies as they are currently a few days old with 3 more due to hatch . She dna tests them at 5 weeks and has a tiktok page with daily updates on how the bubs are doing, she also starts harness training too!

So exciting!!
Wow that's awesome!!! Congratulations!

Most Reactions

Latest posts