Eyelids red probem, hope get help

Malihu

Jan 9, 2024
Parrots
sun conure, conure
Sun conure, over 1 year old, and his eyelids turns a bit red nowadays. These photos took after I applying some
oculentum erythromycini on the eyelids.
Hope anyone could give any suggestion since parrot be considered as pet is a very new issue in China that hardly find
any professional and experienced doctor.
Thank you so much!
QQ截图20240109223533.png
QQ截图20240109223835.png
IMG_4312.JPG
IMG_4313.JPG

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
This looks like some kind of allergy or infection, though as we are not vets on this forum we can’t really diagnose. I understand not being able to find a vet who knows how to treat birds. Whatever is going on with your bird’s eyes, making sure that they have a healthy diet is one of the best things you can do. This keeps their immune system healthy so that they can fight off things like mild infections, allergies, and illnesses. Lots of fresh vegetables, whole grains, fresh fruit, and some cooked egg are all good foods for your bird. If this redness near the eyes continues, Terramycin is an antibacterial eye ointment that is generally safe for birds and can sometimes be purchased without prescription. Otherwise, you can continue to use the Erythromycin but use all antibiotics with caution and watch for any negative reaction from your bird. I would encourage you to continue looking for an avian vet if the problem doesn’t get better soon. ❤️

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
With this presenting on both eyes and in the same location makes it difficult to define as such things appear in one eye and when in two eyes rarely in the same location.

When did you notice this?

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Maybe this will help? Good luck.

Certified Avian Vets
If none are near you...
Avian Veterinarians
In my opinion, any of the vets listed here should be better than a regular vet.
International contacts, too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts