Fargo's adventure home alone and my res school!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, actually, that sometimes works. Sally used to go "Big Bird" on my ex-wife... HATED THE WOMAN!

Wish I had that bird when we were dating... she has better instincts than I do!

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I know we're having a bit of a laugh here about Fargo playing "boyfriend vetter", but I seriously would never take up with anybody that any of my pets expressed a strong aversion to. That may sound awful, that I'd prefer an animal over a person, but it's true. I don't really like people who don't like animals. Deep down, I feel that there is something really wrong with them. And, even if it's silly, I think some animals can pick up on things that we're not noticing.

In Fargo's case, it would obviously be Fargo or the highway. How long do macaws live? Tab might be in for a lifelong spinsterhood if Fargo doesn't "approve" of anybody. :D J/K

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
HAHAHAHAHA..

Actually.. I had my FRIEND from res school come over to study last week..

At first Fargo was unsure about him.. We both sat on the floor, and Fargo just sat on me looking at this guy..

and then he would run over to him.. and then run back to me :p

He tried to play with Fargo with his toys, and Fargo would climb on his gym, and then hang above Corey.. It was very cute..

Then I had Fargo's ball, and I rolled it, and Fargo fetched it.. and then took it to Corey :eek: Wow, obviously I wasn't good enough to play fetch with ;) haha

But after about 10 minutes he was fine, and annoying Corey trying to climb on his head and pulling his shirt if he was ignoring him :p

Fargo loves anyone though, as long as they play with him he is happy haha

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
as long as they play with him
But what if they are not playing with him, but wanting to play kissy-face with you? :D You'll have to conduct some research.... :D

Seriously, it's good that he doesn't Go Hitchcock on people and that you have trained him to be so well-adjusted. It must be very difficult for people who have a "problem" bird who carries on like a pork chop at things we find silly.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
HAHAHAHAHA I will find out for you and let you know how that goes ;)

But yes he is a good boy... I think he prefers males to females just straight up.. I think that has something to do with they aren't scared of him so they don't act nervous when they try to touch him?

He bonded to me because I was his only choice, but his breeder was a male, so during the first week Fargo got excited when he saw my dad or my brother..

and now if there is a male and female couple, he seems to work better with the male!

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I think that has something to do with they aren't scared of him so they don't act nervous when they try to touch him?
Also, pitch of the voice may have an impact. Women have higher pitched voices and if you're nervous it goes up from normal. High-pitched "twittering" might not be so attractive.{EDIT: and they might be wearing perfume.}

My cats (orphans, then raised in a bloke-free household) are the opposite. They fleed in terror when confronted by tradesmen. All that "growly" deep stuff didn't impress them one iota.

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
What a great adventure for you and for the lovely Fargo as well.

What an adorable boy. He even lost some weight while he pined away for his mommy.

Your mother did a fantastic job with him! I imagine that it's not at all easy to get him back into his cage if he doesn't want to return.

Most Reactions

Latest posts