Fargos home made tree stand

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Hmmm i think the only thing we have around here are gumtrees, which are just SO solid, which is why Fargo hates it, cause he cant destroy it hahahaha

That is a super good idea about the stems!!!!! :O :O :O I will give him one tomorrow! Cause he loves destroying corn and the husk!

HAHAHA have tried the stainless steel bolts, all different sizes, have about 6... He loved them the first day.. and hasnt touched them since :/
Will put them in some wood tomorrow and see how we go! ;)

I am going to work tomorrow, and mum said i can bring Fargo.. So need lots of things to occupy him in the office :p

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
yeah, I have to agree here!!!,All of you in the U.S. are so very very fortunate to have the stores that you do for toys. they are less expensive than here in Canada, and Australia, and we certainly don't have the selection you do!!!!!!
I drool over your toys, so the rest of us are forced to come up with making toys.
we have good stuff here, but no where as good as the U.S. and we pay a fortune in taxes, and shipping charges....maybe we should open up a toy store just for parrots!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Its surprising Canada doesnt have lots of birds shops!

Its also silly that Australia doesnt have lots of bird toys, considering we have ALOT of native parrots like the big cockatoos.. So you would think it would be common to have big bird toys..

Although, alot of people in Australia might have a galah or cockatoo just in a cage, with no toys, cause they are native so dont really think much of it :/

And yes! The toys in America are brilliant! Have such a wide variety!

Definitely need to open up our own shops :09:

I actually put an ad for my tree making and atom swing making on a selling site, and i have had a reply for each already :22: hahaha

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Well, I spent a lot buying my galah toys and she doesn't seem to play with any of them. :( She has chewed a bit of her ladder, but that's meant to be for climbing.....

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
I'm blown away. Aw....:p I gush at Smeagol! What an overload of Cuteness!
<3<3<3<3<3

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Australian possums are SO MUCH CUTER than those 'made in America'!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Other Galah owners might chime in here, but Dominic really *really* loves to rummage. He'll chew a little bit (not much) and occasionally pecks at his bell. He likes to climb on his boing and does a lot of clamber on and around his cage. But his very most favourite thing to do is rip shredded paper out of the rummage basket that hangs from the playgym. It's just a wire hanging plant basket which I wrapped with rope, filled with shredded paper and tossed in various plastic chew toys for the Beaks. Dominic likes to sink himself in there and burrow or sit underneath it and rip bits of shred out and toss them on the floor. Or, he likes to drop into our recycling bin and rummage around in the paper and cardboard rubbish, tearing it to bits. Do other Galahs do things like this???

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Well isn't Fargo just a spoiled little boy. Have you ever looked on Ebay for cheep toys? I find all sorts of good deals on Ebay.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahahahaha Smeagol was alot cuter when he was younger, now hes getting more adult looking, and becoming a nuisance ;)

Taz, thats where i got this lot of toys from!! Ebay!!!! Was the cheapest i could find! :eek:

We are at work now, got all the toys all over the desk.. Will have pictures when i get home tonight ;)

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Hahahahahaha Smeagol was alot cuter when he was younger, now hes getting more adult looking, and becoming a nuisance ;)

Smeagol is still cute. It is so cool that Fargo has a new friend.

I really love the environment that you have created for Fargo. His room is amazing! And he is so generous in allowing you to stay there. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Fargo is one lucky bird living in that beautiful environment

Any place for Mishka and myself?????

Any bird would be in HEAVEN living there

The home made tree stand is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME TAB

Thanks for sharing

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahah Tom, we are all at work now.. Fargo was great, then at about lunch time he was super bored, so then he woke Smeagol up and started playing with him :eek: That entertained him for an hour before Smeagol said ok, i need to go back to sleep now :p hahahahaha

Hehe Thank you Ant!! Oh definitely room for you and Mishka :D :D

Thank you! :')

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Wow....you really went all out on the tree huh!!! Decorating for christmas a bit early yet? :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
HAHAHA Oh Mikey just you wait until christmas!!! ;)

See Wendy, this is what i mean when Fargo tries to get to Smeagol in the mornings and evenings:

and this was his reaction to putting the harness on this morning hahahaha

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
HAHAHA He honestly isnt scared of it, he just shoves his head into something so i cant get the loop on his neck! Such a silly boy :p

and yes!! Very big, hence needs the big outside cage now! :(

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
My girl probably isn't going to like it when I try to put a harness on her. Should be an adventure. Mustn't let her see the photo of Fargo, she'll get ideas.

Most Reactions

Latest posts