Fargos newest trick-flip over my hand- and a surprise ;)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Hello again,
I have posted so many threads lately, sorry :eek: haha

Fargo learnt a new trick, well ALMOST, doing a flip around my hand..
He still needs me to flip my hand a little bit so he knows to come up :)

I taught him by holding him on my hand, then he held my beak and i guided him over and around :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpr0qBH7BFs]fargo newest summersault trick.mov - YouTube[/ame]

And!!! Fargo is in an australian bird magazine, which i had NO idea about...
A few months ago i sent them a picture of Fargo reading their magazine...
I found out today, they are using it in the back of their magazine on their subscription page! haha
Which is cool, but his name wasn't mentioned :(
IMG_4362_zpsa5758d51.jpg

Little famous Fargo LOL

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
You NEVER should apologizing for posting new threads, pictures, and/or videos of Fargo. I LOVE THEM, and I'm sure a whole lot of us agree with me :)

AWESOME new trick! He's SO very smart. He'll do anything and everything for you. WOW! What's next? A Backflip? Somersault? Double Axle? :D

Fargo WILL be the world's most famous B&G in NO time...wait and see. ;)

Give that big, beautiful bundle of feathers some extra lovin' from me tonight, please. :)

mysteryfoxes

Mar 6, 2012
Calabash, NC
Parrots
Basil - Turquoise Green Cheek Conure :)
He's famous!
woot.gif
hehe. No, but that's really awesome that they used your picture. :)

And that trick was great!

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Very nice! You've added an impressive new Fargo trick, Tab :). And the bird magazine using his photo for their promotion is truly outstanding!!!

I agree with Wendy... NEVER apologize for posting about Fargo! We all love him and his talents :D. It's so amazing to see his exceptional skills emerge in response to your clever training techniques :).

One thing that also amazes me, Tab, is the fact that Fargo is able to "hold your beak" ...I had no idea that you had sprouted one of those things ;):p. It must have grown in quickly because I didn't notice it in your pics from the other day :p. Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

Being serious again... SPECTACULAR JOB, Tabitha and Fargo !!!!!

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
Great job with the trick! Fargo is really smart!

Wow, on the Australian bird magazine! I'll make sure Ill buy one! :D Fargo will be famous worldwide very soon, wait and see. :p

birdbrainzz4me

Dec 22, 2012
michigan
Parrots
former m&f si Eclectus
way nifty tab! and like everybody else says, don't apologize for all the post's of fargo. it's how we all know how much you truly love him. :) and it's awesome that he's got a spot in a bird magazine, such a stunner! plus on top of all that i don't even have a bird, so any videos of macaws i can watch is just inspirational to me. when i get my gw some day, oh man am i going to make some videos and take some pic's. it's building up inside, just thinking of all the things i want to teach it. and all the great times we will have together. so keep doing what you're doing, because i don't think none of us can get enough! :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
One thing that also amazes me, Tab, is the fact that Fargo is able to "hold your beak" ...I had no idea that you had sprouted one of those things.;) It must have grown in quickly because I didn't notice it in your pics from the other day :p. Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

hahahaahhah :eek: I have made that mistake twice now :p i think i need to learn to proofread before i post LOL i am going to have feathers and a tail soon :09:

Thank you everyone for such nice words :D I dont know if he will be FAMOUS :eek: hahaha

Think this is trick number 15, and he is learning another at the moment! :D

Hopefully the magazine likes Fargo, as i entered the young birdkeeper competition with a story about him when i had first got him.. so fingers crossed he wins, cause we get money and i am saving up for a java tree ;) haha

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
Awesome trick! Love to watch your videos, the inspire me to get going more with Nema's training.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Fargo is such a smartiepants!!! And now famous hehehehe ;)

94lt1

Nov 9, 2012
SouthEast TX
Parrots
Monte..Scarlet macaw, Seminole...yellow napped amazon, Starburst... sun conure...Rain, cinnamon green cheek.
Yeah.. tab.. you were a good looking bird keeper before... but now that YOU have a beak... OMG!!!! J/K ;)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha thank you guys :D
If anyone ever needs help with a trick i would be happy to help ! Tabs Training Techniques ;) haha

Yeah.. tab.. you were a good looking bird keeper before... but now that YOU have a beak... OMG!!!! J/K ;)
HAHAHA! omg :p
I will never live this down hey.. :p

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
LOL conurecrazy ;) He just told me he is working on the film at the moment, and the premiere will be in Hollywood later this year... So get your fids their tuxedos ready :p :cool:

Thanks Lindylou :D Its all thanks to his amazingness :09:

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
Tab, you and Fargo never cease to amaze, :) keep up the great work!

Jlong1989

Mar 5, 2012
Fullerton,CA
Parrots
20 year old Congo African grey male
12 year old blue and gold macaw male
2 year old greenwing macaw
male
Breeding pair of rosey bourkes
Breeding pair of cockatiels
That's pretty awesome that he does that

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanks wharf :D

haha thank you! He is pretty awesome :p

AND!! He FINALLY rolled over by himself!!! Only took him like 2 months to figure it out :p
We were doing training on the floor, i asked him to roll over, he raised his foot, waiting for me to help him over.. so i helped him a few times.. then i held my hand above him, and moved it over, and he didnt grab on, just rolled over by himself :D :D it was so cute, just flopped to the side then rolled! So now he has fully accomplished roll over!

Went to get it on camera and he decided he had done it enough for the day.... haha

Most Reactions