Fargos toys came! and trick video :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Soooooooooo...

Fargos toys came today from my safe bird store came today :D
I thought it would be another week or 2!

So exciting !
Fargo was already asleep, but i wanted to get pictures, so i woke him up, so he was not in the mood to co-operate with me :eek:

He has 2 big acrylic foraging toys, a foraging shredding toy, a foraging net thingy, foraging ball, rainstick (which he loved, just sat there with his head tilted listening to it as i tilted it :p ) and a pack of shredding sticks, plus some little bits and pieces.. and CHOCOLATE FOR ME ! ;) hahaha It is going to be so much fun re-decorating his cage tomorrow!
fargotoys020_zps4a4f476c.jpg

and a boing, but fargo doesnt like boings, so i stretch them out, and i put it across my room, he loved it immediately and was playing on it as soon as i hooked it up :D
fargotoys035_zpsc0ef5284.jpg

fargotoys028_zps665f8818.jpg

Oh and I got a video of Fargo rolling over! WITHOUT MY HELP :D Slowly bringing my hand back so its just a little signal :) He is like a dog hahaha <3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppAENyqrHII]Fargo roll over trick.mov - YouTube[/ame]

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
You woke him up...classic! Have you tried making toys of your own for him yet? These days I am saving a bundle with just a drill and basic items from old toys and cardstock.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
hahaha he had JUST gone to sleep, but i really wanted him to help me open it and get pictures :eek: poor boy ;)

These toys were with the money we won for the christmas competition, only had to put like 10 dollars towards it + postage,, so i just got the foraging toys which are super expensive in Australia! Saved alot of money even though the postage was expensive :)

I have started making him wood toys, which he loves destroying, but he loves foraging toys more than anything! So i cant make them :( haha

and thanks, i love when he rolls over now :D

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
Aww, poor Fargo, just got to bed and had to be woke up. :D So funny, if I woke Ozzie up when he just gone to bed......he would kill me! Lol :D

Last edited:

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
Lucky fargo!! :D

You have a few foraging toys there I have been eyeing off :D Let us know what fargo thinks of them :D

And as usual, adorable Fargo being impressive :D I had to laugh at myself... I have become accustomed to fargo's awesomeness.... I just realised I am no longer surprised... I am convinced there is nothing fargo can't do... I probably wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with a degree in psychology and a phd in human emotional manipulation :p
Dr Fargo.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha well Fargo doesnt actually go to his cage until midnight :S He hops onto his sleeping perch at 6:30, and will just stay there until i put him away, so i cover up my chair and computer, put earphones in, so he is in complete darkness until i hop in bed, then he gets put away.. hahaha but then he wakes up with the sun.. at like 4 or 5am, then has another nap at 9am -.- he is such a weirdo. :p

Okay i will do 'Fargo Foraging Reviews' ;) hahaha He has the 4 draws, maze and foraging cage at the moment, and he loves each of them.. so i think he will like these new ones! :)

LOL !!!! that made my night :eek: hahaha Dr Fargo.. Thank you :eek: He surprises me with how he learns stuff, truly amazing!
Yes he would definitely have a phd in human emotional manipulation ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YAY! That order arrived FAST! :eek: You must have been SO surprised! AND so happy. :D

I'm sure Fargo forgave you for waking him up immediately when he saw WHAT he was woken up for. ;)

You must take pictures after you redecorate the cage - please?

And that roll-over trick is OUSTANDING....gees...my dogs won't even do that. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
i know ! Mum came home, beeped the horn.. and i was like whaatttttt! :p then.. big box.. NO WAY!!! hahaha. Got here in 15 days i think! :)

HAHA i thought he was going to murder me and hate me forever ;) he just kept flying back to his perch, and i was like please Fargo just one photooooo!!! then when i hung up the boing he got so excited and was playing, then i gave him a kiss and he wasnt cranky anymore ;)

Yes! I will get pictures of course hehe :D

LOL I think Fargo must be part dog :p I swear i have heard him do a little bark like the little inside dog :eek:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
So Fargo is now stocked in new toys and Tab is now stocked in candy... what a perfect situation :p;).

Fargo's roll over trick is amazing! It's clearly effortless and SO impressive!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So Fargo is now stocked in new toys and Tab is now stocked in candy... what a perfect situation :p;).

Fargo's roll over trick is amazing! It's clearly effortless and SO impressive!!!

Tony, I think Tab is holding out on us. ;) I mean, GEES, she was without power for so long, and I firmly believe she's taught Fargo more than just the roll over trick.

I'm inclined to guess that Fargo can now play the guitar..and possibly even sing a tune or two. :D

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
I love this! I also get so excited when the new toys, perches and snacks come; it was just last week. Makes me think I need more of a life, Oh but what the heck! I think Im more excited then he is when the goodies come.

He likes to supervise and approve my every move everytime I change or clean his cage. He's like this little manager.

I love how you pulled straight the twisted perch, I always wanted to get one of those, but didn't know how Spencer would like that. It will be on the list for the next order. Love reading ur posts!:09:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I ate all the candy already ;) I liked the peanut stuff, but didnt like tootsie rolls? :p hahaha

hehehe Wendy, maybe Fargo has his own guitar now as well :54:

HAHA Cami, it is so exciting hey! I was so happy when i was talking to my friends on fb, and they were like 'whats up!?!' "FARGOS TOYS CAME!!!!!" 'Oh.... how cool' ;)

Yes Fargo doesnt like boings, but this boing was about 250cm ! So now he has a huge perch in one corner :) and Fargo puts his stamp of approval on it for all macaws :p

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I ate all the candy already ;) I liked the peanut stuff, but didnt like tootsie rolls? :p hahaha

hehehe Wendy, maybe Fargo has his own guitar now as well :54:

HA! I knew it! :D ;) And he's probably got that bicycle as well...you know which one I'm talking about. :52:

I find Tootsie Rolls to be PERFECT fillings for where you have missing teeth. :54: ...even though the colour isn't so appealing after it's been chewed all soft and stuff. :30:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Love the video and the pictures, smart bird. I think we should all send our birds over for some private training :rolleyes::D

ziggybird

Jan 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Parrots
Meyer's Parrot (Tukki),
Meyer's Parrot (Brooklyn),
Double Yellow Headed Amazon (Ziggy),
Blue and Gold Macaw (Max)
lol I'm convinced my B&G Max is part dog too! We even put a doggy bowl at the bottom of his cage for his seeds (it's the only way he wouldn't just dump them everywhere!)

I know how grumpy they can get after being woken up. One time when I was visiting home I was drinking with friends. When I got home I decided that I just HAD to give Max a big kiss! That was a mistake! He was NOT happy and was still mad at me the next morning! They can hold a grudge can't they? (Nothing a few forkfuls of my breakfast couldn't solve though).

Glad Fargo forgave you though! And he looks super happy with all those toys :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha oh Wendy he has already upgraded from the bicycle, he rides a motorbike now ;) LOL

Thank you :D hahaha Fargos private training camp, im sure he would love being co-teacher with me :p

HAHA Ziggy bird ! :D They are such clowns!
Im glad max forgave you, but that big kiss would of been worth it! :p

Fargo had a bit of a sleep in this morning, he just had morning tea, now its time to DECORATE!!!!!!!!!!! :D hahaha

Most Reactions

Latest posts