Father's day painting(Perhaps?)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
So with Father's Day coming up and me being perpetually broke, like always, I figured I'd paint something for my dad this year.
Whenever I visit he practically begs me to bring my paintings/pastel works back to the house, because they were on the walls there, and now they sit in the closet(until we move).

My dad likes mythical/fantasy/dragon/eerie/type things. I do too, but lately my creativeness levels have been fairly low, so I picked something that exists, but still looks pretty dang cool.

Red Bearded Vulture:

I'm not sure if that's what I want to give him though. It's on a small canvas, and it only took me about an hour. Compared to the things I took off the wall, it's rather wimpy honestly. :eek:

Any ideas? I'm awful at people/landscapes, but most animals I can manage pretty well. I(we) especially like things with wings, that look gnarly in general. :p

Comments, ideas, etc are all welcome and appreciated!

Edit: Yeah, I know it's only the head.. For some reason I figured just the head would end up better than if I tried to do the whole body.(Curse my short attention span..) Anything else I do will be bigger, and more in detail(hopefully!)

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Hey I'm doing the same thing for my dad! I painted him his favorite place to visit, and old ghost town called Bodie in the Sierras! I took a painting course this quarter and it was so much fun! I really like your painting, your dad will love it! I hope my dad likes his!

Most Reactions

Latest posts