Fatty Dingdong the fabulous rude parakeet

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Whats that Budgie's name? "whats a parakeet? a green and yellow bird that talks"? " I haz cheeseburgerzz" Maybe Fatty could take a lesson or two from watching him? ;)

Jim

Thatā€™s Disco! Iā€™ve been playing his videos for Pearl. So far sheā€™s been saying ā€œpretty birdā€ and ā€œbaby birdā€ and doing kisses. Today I think I heard her say ā€œwhatcha doin, pretty bird?ā€

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Whats that Budgie's name? "whats a parakeet? a green and yellow bird that talks"? " I haz cheeseburgerzz" Maybe Fatty could take a lesson or two from watching him? ;)

Jim

Thatā€™s Disco! Iā€™ve been playing his videos for Pearl. So far sheā€™s been saying ā€œpretty birdā€ and ā€œbaby birdā€ and doing kisses. Today I think I heard her say ā€œwhatcha doin, pretty bird?ā€

That's it...Disco! Now THAT is one remarkable little budgie lol...so smart and what a cute little thing he is! C'mon Fatty! It sounds to me you have the right stuff to become the next Disco lol.

Jim

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Ooh, good idea! I'll play some cookie and disco videos for Fatty next time I'm on my phone around him. He is interested in the phone, and often types nonsense while I'm trying to text someone(he will repeatedly fly up to my hand and try to climb on the phone or chew on it/investigate it with his beak and tongue if I stop talking to him to text someone or something). Will let you know what he does. I think maybe the intonation or how few hard consonant sounds there are in the phrase may haveplayeda role in how long it took him to pick it up? It's unlike a lot of the other words he knows. Or maybe I'm just making excuses for him. :p

From phone

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

:confused: OK Fatty...what's up birdie? Daddy-O hasn't posted in a while :confused: :02:

Jim

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Oop, sorry! Have been dealing with emergency after emergency for the past.... too long. :| not with the birds, they are all lovely. Family stuff. My 88 year old grandmother has dimentia and we have been visiting, two of my cousins just had babies and a third announced on mother's day they are also expecting. Plus moving, etc etc etc.... phew! A lot.

Everyone is fine. Fatty has some horrible new phrases, and is just as impish and adorably evil as ever. I am overdue to update on them all, but also am overdue to clean some cages and etc etc etc, we only got back in last night and today has been gogogo... eep!

From phone

Edit: and I'm no daddy-o, I'm a chill chick. :p

Last edited:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Canā€™t wait for more of this impish behavior, the little gremlin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
We decided Fatty was due for a new toy. LMAO.

Don't worry: my boyfriend knows how to tie knots, this one will not tighten even though it looks like a noose.

We figured the little devil bird could use a hangman's hammock(or whatever you want to call it). hee hee

:blue2:

Last edited:
OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
Fatty bites instead of stepping up, but I have discovered he will not bite if he hops to my hand instead of just stepping to it. Even if he is all face fluffed and eager to chomp, if he hops to me he seems too proud of having done so to then bite me. Funny little dude. So now I always have him hop. Put the hand even juuuust out of stepping range and tell him "come here". Hop, fluff, shake, proud budgie poof.

He also puts himself away. He comes out, swears at me for a while, plays the flapflap game, chews on my glasses and climbs on my face until he gets bored, and then flies back to his cage and sits there talking to himself. If the door is shut all he does is beg me to come out, but he always puts himself away after a relatively short amount of time.

Am I boring my budgie?

From phone

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Weā€™re gonna need some video of the hop-fluff-step up game. Right away please! [emoji23][emoji170]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots
I will have to try and remember to video it, lol.

I just came in the room and Fatty hopped to the bars of his cage and in the loudest, proudest budgie voice said with pure happiness to see me, "hey (another word for one's posterior)hole!"

Send help, choking to death from laughter. :greenyellow:

From phone

In other news: we adopted another dog! Long story short we got him from a rescue who got him from a good Samaritan in Puerto Rico who had witnessed him being abused (dragged across a hot pitch, whatever that is)and had taken him from the abuser and taken him to a vet, etc. Named the dog Lucky, he is very very sweet especially considering what he has been through.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Ok now....we haven't had an update on Fatty in quite sometime :confused:,
I hope all is well with you and your flock and family/friends.

Jim

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

If I recall correctly, they are homesteading someplace West of you and South of me USA, living Off The Grid.

Thanks Steven for the update...was wondering..I love Fatty updates lol. :p

Jim

OP
bug_n_flock

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Parrots

Most Reactions

Latest posts