Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
February brings us the well known Valentine's Day ❤️
There's also a lesser known celebration, Love Your Pet Day!
So, in that spirit, I thought I'd bring it all together, and present this month's theme...

Baby Love!

Our birds are definitely our babies, regardless of age,
and the love we share with them is unique to each and every individual.

So, let's share those pictures or videos showing the love with those babies! :love::love::love:
Them being loveable in some way, or anything they do that makes us adore them!

Avery hanging out being silly...

1000003569.jpg

Tucker and Baxter, my little green bean babies! ❤️
received_2356292134589986.jpeg

Beautiful soggy Baxter. Showers make her soooooo happy!
(and so does chewing up that perch! :rolleyes:)

20230316_111617.jpg

The contest will run from now until the morning of February 27th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of March 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Supporting Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month. The winning photo will also be automatically entered into our Photo of the Year Contest for next year!!!

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Videos and photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required.
Please don't forget to tell us your bird's name in your post. :)
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oooooooo Jon, what a fabulous theme, and what a wonderful month this is gonna be!! I'm feelin' the love already💝🥰💖

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OFFICIAL ENTRY: Kissy Kissy!!😘😘😘

I'm sure there have been MANY love stories in the history of Parrot Forums, but few perhaps more passionate or immediately forged as the love at first sight that bloomed instantly between Lovejoy and Princess Peachie!!! 💝 💝 💝

ljpeachvalentine.JPG

Theirs is truly a love story for the ages - sing it, Andy!!!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
OFFICIAL ENTRY: Kissy Kissy!!😘😘😘

I'm sure there have been MANY love stories in the history of Parrot Forums, but few perhaps more passionate or immediately forged as the love at first sight that bloomed instantly between Lovejoy and Princess Peachie!!! 💝 💝 💝

View attachment 57582

Theirs is truly a love story for the ages - sing it, Andy!!!

OMG they are so cute together! ❤️ And the musical accompaniment... You're killing me here! 🤣🤣🤣 Thank you for that :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OMG they are so cute together! ❤️ And the musical accompaniment... You're killing me here! 🤣🤣🤣 Thank you for that :)
I swore I heard the opening refrain of "Love Story" the moment those two laid eyes on each other, and NOBODY sings it like Andy Williams!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Official entry: the thing I love most about Cooper is that he is just so darn happy all of the time. He is sunshine and rainbows even when there is a literal thunderstorm outside! Cooper never has a bad day and his constant cheerfulness cheers me up too 💕( Cooper also loves himself so I feel like having his reflection in the picture is appropriate 😁).
IMG_1282.jpeg

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Official entry...

This is nightime pillow talk on Planet Rickeybird. He compliments me with "Rit Roo" (his version of the traditional wolf whistle), calls my name in his dainty Patagonian croak, and finally, a passionate kiss before heading off to dream land.
ZZZZZZzzzZZzzzzZzzzzZzzZzzzzzZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzZZZZ

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
The February contest is now closed. Thank you once again to everyone who participated, with "Official" or "Just for Fun" entries. Let the voting begin! :)

Poll can be found here:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts