Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We all know parrots love to play with stuff,
intended toys or otherwise.
This month's theme is

Parrot's and Their Toys

Could be a pic of your parrot destroying his favorite toy,
a video of him being silly with a bottlecap, or your glasses.
Contest will run until midnight Sept 29th.

Salty playing.jpg
Salty getting a big mouthful o' wood ! This toy will be gone
in 20 minutes!

The contest will run until Sept 29, and a poll for voting will go up then.
The winner will be announced on Oct 1.
The winner will receive a Supporting Membership for one year,
and their photo will be on the forum home page as the winner for the month of September.
The winning entry will also be entered into the Photo of the Year contest held next February.
You also get a nifty banner on your profile that says," Parrot of the Month"!

One official entry per person, but you can add just as many 'Just for Fun' entries as you want!

Please make sure to specify which one is your official entry, and remember to follow all Forum rules for safety, etc.

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Official Entry:

I dabble in a bit of DIY toy making and this was my greatest ever triumph. I would NEVER have thought to make however if it hadn't been for the inspiration provided by my precious but sadly lost purple-crowned lorikeet, Lilly Pilly. I'll let the video do the talking ...

Lovejoy has one of these in his cage now and he loves it too, but as i CANNOT get video of him lately without him wanting to eat my phone I've submitted the original with Lilly. It was all her idea anyway so she really ought to get full credit 💖

Last edited:

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Official Entry:

I dabble in a bit of DIY toy making and this was my greatest ever triumph. I would NEVER have thought to make if however it hadn't been for the inspiration provided by my precious but sadly lost purple-crowned lorikeet, Lilly Pilly. I'll let the video do the talking ...

Lovejoy has one of these in his cage now and he loves it too, but as i CANNOT get video of him lately without him wanting to eat my phone I've submitted the original with Lilly. It was all her idea anyway so she really ought to get full credit 💖
What a cool toy! You’ll have to teach me how to make one for Ona.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
What a cool toy! You’ll have to teach me how to make one for Ona.
They're pretty easy, just take a stainless steel kabob thingy and suspend it horizontally instead of vertically. I stack Lovejoy's with his favourite chewy things like bits of balsa and those loofah chew thingies, anything that floats his boat, three or four plastic chains running top to bottom to hold the whole thing together and voila, there you have it!!

ImaParrot

Apr 13, 2023
Media
Houston, Texas
Parrots
Turtle (my sister's budgie. Let's be real, I'm taking care of him)
Elvis (budgie)
Olive (budgie)
Niki R.I.P (budgie)
il_1588xN.5098790234_bvum.jpg

I captured this while doing a photo shoot for my Etsy, but it's kinda funny how Turtle is chewing the flower while Elvis is just staring at it. So cartoony. 😍

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Official Entry:

I dabble in a bit of DIY toy making and this was my greatest ever triumph. I would NEVER have thought to make however if it hadn't been for the inspiration provided by my precious but sadly lost purple-crowned lorikeet, Lilly Pilly. I'll let the video do the talking ...

Great entry Martina, and giving a good idea for a new type of toy!

Talaya

Apr 26, 2022
Media
Parrots
Han Solo - SI Male Eclectus
Solo’s favourite toy is probably his enclosed bell.. he just bashes at it and pulls the chain (he seems to like things that make noise) but add a boing too and he is in heaven.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 86

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Solo’s favourite toy is probably his enclosed bell.. he just bashes at it and pulls the chain (he seems to like things that make noise) but add a boing too and he is in heaven.
My Baxter has one of those bells too. No interest in other ones, but THAT thing... She loves it. She thinks it's a great way to get my attention, especially if she's displeased with something. Telling her it's bedtime is a sure fire way to get her going on it :)

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My Baxter has one of those bells too. No interest in other ones, but THAT thing... She loves it. She thinks it's a great way to get my attention, especially if she's displeased with something. Telling her it's bedtime is a sure fire way to get her going on it :)

Wow perfect entry BirdyBee, John looks so good!
I love that you have a budgie named John! I'll bet he's the only budgie in the world with one of the most common names in the world!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
What a great idea! A bell in a container! Good pic too!

Most Reactions

Latest posts