Fellow Bird Lover from SC

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Howdy from SC! I've joined this forum because I love birds and have owned small and medium birds since I was kid. I recently suffered a catastrophic loss of several birds due to a faulty heater thermostat, and am still in the process of grieving. I do have one cockatiel and two parakeets who survived and are doing well. All my birds, excluding my Orange Wing Amazon, were bird given to me by owners who could not deal with the noise or mess of owning birds. I feel horrible I lost my best friends in such a manner. How I miss them but I will eventually get more birds. For now I will nose about this forum and enjoy the pictures.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Welcome Tessie, so sorry to hear about what happened with your thermostat - what a terrible thing to happen

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Sorry to hear about your loss....was it just over heating the house???

dreamin_sqaw

Oct 19, 2013
Media
welcome Tessie!
we are almost neighbors, lol,,,, im just across the state line in NC..... so sorry about the loss you had.

OP
TessieB

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Thank you for your kind words. I am horrified I lost my birds in such a manner. I've never had anything like this happen to me. Yes, I've had birds die but it was because of old age. I've had birds so old that arthritis made if difficult for them to perch so I made 'handicapped' facilities for them. While these birds were other folks rejects (didn't talk, weren't tame, hated the spouse) I really enjoyed them. Only a few were tame, and I got a kick out of putting them on my shoulder while I did my 'bird chores'. The amazon in my avatar was 33 years old. I had him in my will and the executor knew what to do with all my birds in case of my death.

Meanwhile, my 'bird house' has a new heater and a carbon monoxide detector that will text my and hubby's cell phone while alerting the security company in case of a problem.

Still, I am heartbroken.

Most Reactions