Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
.. and my life has changed :D I had such a good evening preparing a whole month worth of chop in just 40 minutes! I had myself a taste, and oh boy if Kyo doesn't want to eat it I'll be surprised :p tasted pretty darn good to me.

Cilantro (my first time using it- I never realized how amazing it smells and tastes!)
Baby Kale
Broccoli
Carrots
Yellow Pepper
Red Pepper
Granny Smith Apple for flavour
Flax
Rolled Oats

This is my base that I have packaged in 3 day bags and frozen. I'm planning to add frozen berries / whatever else I have in the fridge daily to entice her (they are her favourite summer treat right now) and I also have quinoa to add as well but I haven't quite mastered preparing it yet. That is for tomorrow night.

I also got some organic powdered cinnamon to try adding a few times to change the flavour for her :) I never thought that making chop could be so much fun.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I finally got one last year [something ill never go without again].

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
I still need to get one! :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congrats, food choppers are great! My quakers and budgies started eating their veggies when I remembered I had a food processor. It makes it easier to get the good stuff past their beaks.

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
I'm amazed already! She is actually picking at my chop :) Although, I can't blame her... when I tried it yesterday I thought it was pretty delicious. I was worried she would turn her beak up at it because before this I couldn't get her to eat anything that I cut up super tiny. As long as she picks away and eats SOME of it I'll be happy :) Now that everything is all pre-made it'll be easier to throw some in for her at dinner time too.

What kinds of spices do folks here like to throw in to make it taste different each day?

Most Reactions

Latest posts