Finally heading home for a week.

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Can't wait to get home to see Nike, my pup and even my wife ;)

I have a weekend project planned. Nike loves to perch on the lamp on my wife's side of the couch. As you can imaging that leaves quite a mess.

So I purchased an 18" plastic serving dish and my plan is to find a nut that fits the lampshade cap, embed that nut in a short dowel, then attach the plate to that dowel and then the perch. I'll probably put an LED bulb in there so I don't have to worry about heat. I think it will work and if it doesn't ill only be out 12 bucks.

I cant imagine that it would look worse than the crooked lampshade with poop running down the side ;)

The real issue is whether or not Nike will like it,. I'll post pics when it's done.

nike-lamp.JPG

Last edited:
OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
I don't know if this is going to be a good idea or not so I didn't spend much time on it. If it works out I'll remake the perch and add a cup.

I buried the lamp shade nut into the perch and drilled a hole in the plate large enough for the perch to go through it. Just sit the plate on the shade and then screw the perch to the lamp.

So far, while this was Nike's favorite place to perch, she's deathly afraid of it. ;) Time will tell.

Oh, LED bulb, no heat in case you were wondering....replaced an incandescent bulb...probably why Nike liked it so much.

lampperch2.JPG

lampperch1.JPG

Last edited:

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
I think it's wonderful.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Looks great, Bill!! Might take a while, but hopefully Nike will see the benefit!

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Either way it's serving it's purpose...she's not pooping all over the lamp shade ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts