Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I decided to mist the new zons this morning. I was unsure how that was going to go, as I have no idea when they had their last misting or bath. I took the vacuum upstairs and turned it on, and started misting Ki. He was unsure what to do, but Cally was behind him and started opening her wings, so I switched to her. She was moving all around so I could reach everywhere, and started making this cooing noise. I switched back to Ki, and this time he tentatively opened his wings, then started cooing as well, and turning every which way so I could get him all over. Tears were running down my face as I watched them enjoy their baths. I used the whole bottle of water on them, and I cannot even explain the looks on their faces.
I did take a pic of each near the end so I could share.

terry57-albums-my-rescue-amazons-picture11027-first-misting-ki.jpg

terry57-albums-my-rescue-amazons-picture11026-first-misting-cally.jpg

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
That's so awesome Terry! Lucky little guys, and thanks to you they finally get pampered later in life. Great post to read this morning!:D

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
they look RELIEVED! thats the closest thing i can think of! bet those baths felt so good for them!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh Terry, I have goosebumps!!!

Look at those precious babies enjoying their baths! :D

You got me all teary eyed here. HUGS!!!!

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Awesome! Bet it's the first bath they've had in a while :) sounds like they are taking to you and their new environment well. I'm so glad you took pics :D

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Awww, I'm sure they thought they were in heaven!! To get that thouroughly soaked must have felt so gooooood!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
That's wonderful Terry! They have already started enjoying their new life. I'm so happy for them! The first time I misted my plucking quaker she ran across her cage top, stretched her neck and yelled, Cameron. She loves her mist baths now. I'm glad it didn't take Ki and Cally so long.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I bet that felt great to them!!....that is adorable, I love your updates Terry.
they will probably look different too, a little fluffier ;)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I wish I could have captured the feeling in the room after I started the misting. I have never felt anything like this in my whole life.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
That is SOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!

They must feel so good now!!!

Sudz1109

Jan 26, 2014
ME
Parrots
Bruski (Grey Cockatiel) & Paco (Red Lored Amazon) - both adopted and loved!
Just wonderful! I can only imagine how great this felt for them and how much it meant. The photos say it all! Is the rest of the settling in going well?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Those pics are so touching, Terry, just knowing what they have been through. After dealing with so much neglect in their lives, you must be confusing the heck out of them right now!

Cally: "Doesn't this shower feel divine?"
Ki: "Forget the shower! I can't even believe we have names, now! I always wanted one of those! How cool is that?!? Say my name, Cally! Come on, say it! Please? Last time, I promise!"
Cally: "Sigh." Eye roll.

Smh. Who doesn't even name their birds? Wow.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
The settling in is going well:) They seem to be happy here.
Stephen, that was the funniest and saddest thing ever:) I can't even imagine not naming my flock:(

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Wonderful :) Glad for the updates [I was wondering about them today]

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
How are they doing ? :)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
They are doing great for only being since last Saturday. I am going to post some new pictures of them tomorrow, and then the next Saturday as well to track the difference. I can already see difference in Cally especially:) Thank you for checking on them!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Wow Terry. Did. Or see this post the other day. So glad they both enjoyed their bath. I cannot imagine how they are feeling right now. They certainly have hit the birdie jackpot with you as a mumma. :)

Most Reactions