First time Birdbrain!!

shelbylady123

Oct 4, 2014
Parrots
Jenday Conure and a Canary Winged Parakeet
I recently became the happy owner of two adorable birds! One is a Canary-winged parakeet, and the other, I was told, is a Jenday Conure...although honestly, I believe it to be a Sun Conure due to its wing coloring.

These two have stolen my heart!! We picked them up on a Friday and by Sunday I was completely smitten with them!

These two were raised by the same breeder and have been together since hatchlings. They are now a year and a half. The people we got them from are good friends of ours. They needed to rehome them due to the fact that they have 4 large dogs and an 8 year old daughter who simply lost interest in having a bird. (one dog was a puppy and started knocking the cage around stressing the birds out too.) She was extremely happy to see the birds go to the same home.

The parakeet is protective of the conure. (This only becomes an issue if you are trying to reach in the cage and the conure is behind the parakeet.) The Conure has a fast learning curve and the parakeet is very vocal and has learned a few words. I hope to expand both birds talents.

Having never owned a bird before, I will be very eager to learn all that I can in order to make their lives happy and healthy. I have two teenage twins girls who are animal lovers and one twin has wanted to be an ornithologist since she was 8 and has never changed her mind! She has been giving me all kinds of facts about where these birds are from and is very excited to help care for these birds.

:green2:Rico Tweets: and :orange:Mango (name may change soon)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations to you! I'm glad you joined us, enjoy your stay.

Most Reactions