First vet visit via public transit

Zumaria

Sep 30, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Jenga
Hey guys! I am taking Friday off work to take Jenga to the vet. I live in Chicago where public transit is King. Getting her on a bus is easy, she has a carrier and also a stroller that the carrier sits in. I double and triple checked that she was allowed to ride. However, what I'm worried about is the chill from the air. The buses are heated however there will be I'd say about 30 minutes of time (total) where we will be walking. Obviously the carrier has holes and I was planning on wrapping it VERY well with towels, but do you think that will be enough to protect her? I can taxi it for an arm and a leg if need be though (vet is in the suburbs).

Thanks!

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Personally I would take a taxi, I don't like random people knowing I have birds. But I as long as the carrier is well insulated while out in the cold a bus should be fine :)

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilianรขโ‚ฌโ„ขs Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
What is the forecast for that day? If it is below 40 degrees F, I would take the taxi.

Most Reactions

Latest posts