First Word... Kinda

Annageckos

Jul 4, 2012
PA, USA
Parrots
Ziva - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
My GCC Ziva has sounded like she is trying to talk lately. Last night when she was out she make her really high pitched call. I told her 'no, quiet' and she says 'peep' in a very quiet voice. Then today after she was put back she said multiple times 'Ziva'. The first couple times were kinda garbled, but the last few were pretty clear. She also says 'doiwt', I know, not a word, but we enjoy doiwting back and forth. What I really would like her to learn to say is 'bad dog' or just 'bad' would work. I guess we need to start watching what we say around the little brat now.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Aww! :D Zora says a 'kinda' phrase too. What a good girl= Whagurgle...eeWHEEEEE! lol ;)

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
lol, people say that conures can't talk well but I don't believe that . Make sure you don't curse around her !

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
How cute! <3 Peeko's first and only word so far is 'baby' :)

(video removed; deleted from Youtube)

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Cute video and I heard baby too:D

FeatherLover

Jan 29, 2013
Colorado
Parrots
YSGCC (Ivy) hatched 9/7/12
I think sometimes they said it clearer than others, not sure why. Ivy says "hello" & "hey you" & mimics another sound I make. It's exciting when they show talking potential =)

OP
Annageckos

Annageckos

Jul 4, 2012
PA, USA
Parrots
Ziva - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Seems to be her favorite thing to do now. She took a bath then sat there saying 'Ziva. Ziva. Ziva.' over and over. Now she is growling at her toys. Silly bird.

Most Reactions

Latest posts