Flock Photo Parade :)

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I agree. What I find fascinating is that I recently had a couple of people in my home who basically had no bird exposure. At the time my breeding flock of tiles was larger and I had quite an array of mutations including some pretty rare ones. But all of these people remarked on how lovely Jackie and Sniper, both normal Greys, were. They thought they were absolutely more stunning than the others.

It's funny what we as humans put value on. Battle is a white face dominant silver, Jackie is a normal grey. In terms of pure $$, Battle is "worth" about twice as much as Jackie, maybe more. Yet I would be hard pressed to say she is actually prettier. I rebellion against the idea that a newer color should be worth more in pet birds... Maybe that's why I am currently only breeding normal grey cockatiels?

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I like my cockatiel's color, she's a cinnamon from what I can tell, but I find her grey/tan color to be very pretty and "easy on the eyes" so to speak, not too busy but still very elegant.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
One of my first cockatiels was a cinnamon :) Lovely color.

Most Reactions