Fluffy, soggy birdie.

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
Sooooo, today somebirdie got a bath...:54: but I don't want to name names or anything, but he didn't like it very much. It was much needed though. It's hard to tell in pictures because of the flash/no flash difference, but I can tell his feathers are looking brighter already just because he's actually been eating good food. :)

We also learned that he isn't afraid of towels, which is nice to know that no one excessively toweled him in the past. After his bath he let us pet him all over with the towel over our hands, save a few bites of "Hey, not so much pressure." So it's definitely a hands problem. He doesn't even like sitting on our hands, if he gets spooked and looks down and sees fingers(unless your hand is in a fist) he'll give warning pecks and then settle back down. Poor guy.
He's got two beautiful dark blue feathers now on his left wing, and then the far left tail feather is the same colour almost. :) I can't wait till he molts and all his pretty feathers come back.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
He is pretty even now! He is going to be gorgeous when he molts:)

You should see the fight Folger puts up about baths....wings everywhere. I don't actually have a bird that likes baths... where do we get one of those?

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
He is pretty even now! He is going to be gorgeous when he molts:)

You should see the fight Folger puts up about baths....wings everywhere. I don't actually have a bird that likes baths... where do we get one of those?

I know the feeling. :/ Luckily he doesn't hold it against us when we pour water over him a cup at a time. He happily hops up on our arms to get out of the tub hehe. One out of three of my birds enjoys baths, and that would be Kiwi. She absolutely loves sitting in the bathroom sink with the water running on low. She rolls around in it and makes the happiest sounds you'll ever hear from a conure.
Loki, on the other hand, puts his wings up and sits totally still. "Nope! Not gonna happen. Get me out."

And thank you! I find Folger to be quite handsome, even in his (un)naturel male-pattern baldness.. hehe. Of course I think Yoshi's pretty no matter what, and I tell him that all the time, just as any good momma should. I'm just excited for his molt because then I can tell for sure that he is done plucking. I find the occasional down feather on the bottom of his cage, but it doesn't seem like he's pulling them out. Maybe by accident while he's preening, but that's it. :D:D

Oh, and a Jenday conure I had once upon a time loved baths. Not in the sink or shower though, he had to have a bowl of water he could dip in. Anything else was unacceptable. Hah

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Awww, he's a cutie! Like someone else said, you'll see the 'good food' gorgeous feathers after a good molt. Percy's just had his first real molt since we've adopted him and his feathers are shimmery (they weren't bad before, just not as super shiny). It is so beautiful and rewarding to know that he's so gorgeous because of what I did for him. You'll enjoy that same joy soon!

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
He is looking quite handsome after his bath. Give it time, my two new ones are suspicious of baths because they just didn't get them that often, the rest well it is like a PARTY when the spray bottle comes out!:D

OP
Sterling1113

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
He is looking quite handsome after his bath. Give it time, my two new ones are suspicious of baths because they just didn't get them that often, the rest well it is like a PARTY when the spray bottle comes out!:D

Ahahaha I'm just imaging a party flock of green and red wings flapping and squabbling about... hehe. :p

Most Reactions