Folger... what happens when I have to feed...

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
So Victoria had evening class this evening so she asked me to feed everyone. I had given them the mish-mash I made up earlier, so we needed to put out their dry mix....

Attached are videos of Folger 'enjoying' his time with me.... obviously he likes me to some degree because when I turned away or talked to someone else, he yelled at me... and when I left the room, he actually yelled 'come here'... its a love hate thing... he loves to hate me :) Its baby steps. Him taking food from my hand without trying to bypass the treat and get to my hand is actually great improvement....

Round robin to see everyone in the room :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP_g0rdn6-g]Folger anger(2) - YouTube[/ame]

All bad boy Folger... this one is longer, but shows how we try to let him express his anger in a productive (or destructive manner)...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHmtJu-IDJY]Folger anger(1) - YouTube[/ame]

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
youtube is working on rotating the one video, so should be able to watch without tilting your head sideways any second!!! :)

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
Your commentary had me in stitches! Too funny! Ivory had a look on her face in the second video like "seriously? Why do you put up with this mom?"

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
Ivory definitely does not recognize Folger as a member of her species :) someone asked if we would considering breeding them, I laughed that Ivory wouldn't even have a coffee date with the dude :)

But she so does not like me talking to Folger. Don't think its a protective thing, its total jealous of mom spending time with another bird, psycho or not :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, Folger and that basket! I bet he is mad because his mommy is at school:(
You are definitely making progress with him, and you still have your fingers...yay!
I fall more in love with him every time I see him, and hear his sweet little voice:)

OP
jenphilly

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
I am sorry... I missed the sweet little voice... I heard the 'come here' demand, and the 'wadda want'... the sweet sound that pops up here and there is strictly a lure... kinda like offering candy to lure a child into a car... He sounds sweetest right before he thinks he has a chance to get a bite of chicken tasting human...

All jokes aside, keep trying... I have been uncovering his cage when Tor has morning classes, give him a few almonds, talk to him and try to make him realize I'm only there for the good things.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I love his little voice :) Hes showing off for you [Pearl does this ]

Mishcka

Feb 11, 2014
Nashville
Parrots
Cookatoo
Lol he is full of energy ! I think the videos are so funny ... Folger must sure keep you guys on your toes . Little ivory looks somewhat scared tho lol like mom if I did that would I be in big trouble ? Lol too cute !

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Folger is so cute. I just love his little voice. He certainly has a big personality. :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I just love Folger's videos....he's too adorable! He reminds me of Java the U2, he was kinda crazy like that too....

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Anger issues? What anger issues? Lol

He certainly is a bundle of energy! I love his sweet little voice!!! "Whaddya want?!"

And the look on Ivory's face!! HAHAHA

Most Reactions