Food

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Yes they are good every day.

Love to see some photos of your bird please.

Last edited:
OP
J

juoo

May 31, 2016
ok thank you , as regards the seeds , it is better to mix his evening with organic seeds or versele laga mix for parrots ? must also give you daily cooked cereals and legumes such as brown rice, pasta, quinoa ? thank you

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
If I am understanding you correctly you should not need to feed seed anymore if you are giving some sprouted seeds with cooked vegetables, brown rice, quinoa, pasta, fruit and a pelleted diet each day. Your Rose Breasted Cockatoo will always choose seed first and this is the least nutritious for him.

OP
J

juoo

May 31, 2016
if I understand correctly, the ideal diet is sprouted seeds , pellets , fruits and vegetables and grains cooked ? I must not give dry seeds ? I have to give cooked food ?

OP
J

juoo

May 31, 2016
ok thank you , and if I give granules, sprouts , fruits and vegetables , it is also interesting to give cooked cereals and legumes ?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Yes that's it.

You can also offer a little well cooked chicken/white fish, 20 minute hard boiled egg, low/no fat cheese, low fat plain yoghurt a few times per week also.

Be careful of the amount you are feeding (do not over feed) and ensure that there is plenty of opportunity for exercise (flying) as this is the best way to ensure a healthy bird.

Last edited:
OP
J

juoo

May 31, 2016
ok thank you very much for pellets and I hesitate between Tropican harrison . Is Harrison 's much better than Tropican or it's a bit like meadows ?

OP
J

juoo

May 31, 2016
sorry for the French and English translation . Tropican is quality ? or harrison is much better?

Most Reactions