foot toys?

josiesmom

Jun 13, 2012
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Josie - blue and gold macaw
Hi,
We were just at the pet store buying some new toys for Josie and we saw some small "foot toys". The package said they were for macaws but we didn't really understand what she would do with them other than destroy them in 5 minutes or less. Are foot toys something my macaw should be playing with?
Thanks for your input.

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
yes, some parrots will playing with foot toys to throw around, play fetch, and to chew on. 2 of my 3 parrots use them a lot and roll around with it on their back.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Fargo LOVES his foot toys, he has a variety of acrylic, leather, wicker, plastic, wood, bagels and shreddables..
I buy a big bunch every 2 month.. the wicker/vine/shreddables he destroys pretty quickly, but everything else lasts a while!
He has all his in a big box which he gets to rummage through when he's sitting next to me, usually there are lots of wooden blocks which he prefers as he can turn them into splinters :p
I put a lot of them in his foraging toys as well, so he likes to find them and play with them
tab_xo-albums-more-fargo-picture6077-img-3967.png

tab_xo-albums-more-fargo-picture6076-fargo-toy-1.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts