Form causing pop up adds load on comp

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
only when I come to this site I begin to get popups in the right hand corner even though I have pop up blocked. Its driving me insane. I keep getting "You need to upgrade your browser or Java application" These are not offical and I don't update off of these popups.

I have popup blocker enabled. I have to go into the firefox options area and manually clear content cache and application cache every freakin' time to get this crap to clear.

Anyone have any ideas why this site is trying to install unwanted crap into my computer and even though I stop it I still get that right hand corner pop up that senses what I click and puts up adds for that subject. Example I clicked on the thread where someone had a sick baby parrot and just by clicking on that thread to read add for health insurance popped up on the right hand corner.

To be honest if this does not stop I will have to quite coming to this form because there are no further settings I can use to stop it.

I need to know why it is only this site that is doing this? If any computer/IT expert admin is available I would like to communicate with them please.

Just now after entering this new thread I have an add to call computer support. AFTER clearing EVERYTHING...I will come back to check if anyone answers me but only for that. I will need to stop coming here.

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
I don't think it's this site causing it. Triggering it, perhaps. Have you checked to see if you have any strange looking items that have been installed recently?
Do you have Malwarebytes? If so, run it. If not, I highly recommend it. There is a free version, but the $25 lifetime license is well worth it. Also make sure your antivirus is up to date and that you've done a recent scan. I'd hate to see you stop coming here. :(

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
noblemacaw, I have experienced this exact same problem ! It frustrated me to the point that I have quit visiting this site also. I found it interesting that the one time I visit again, I see this thread. I do have to add that some of the pop ups have been offensive to me as a mom, as I don't want to see close ups of women in bikinis' chests. Maybe this is linked to the google ads on here ?

OP
noblemacaw

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
First of all I am not trying to blame the form for the issue I am having. I have worked in IT for over 20 years and my degree is computer forensics. I have very good protection on my system and with that said my firewall and antivirus program has been quite active but did not red flag me.

Info,"Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter \"Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter\,Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections
Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter "Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter"

The above has been displayed in my security history quite a few times along with

Info,"Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter \"Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller\,Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections
Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter "Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller"

I don't expect this to make sense to many people I am just trying to supply information that might be useful to someone that might understand this. I have removed the IP address information because they are masked addressed anyway and not useful. This proves to me my hardware is being protected but my applications are hard at work.

A band-aid fix I have done is on the pop up itself I clicked on options and another window opens and I was able to set it to "Hide" and so far it has not popped up again. However my Add on manager (I use firefox shows bettersurf and webex as problematic with security and stability.

I am confident my system is still clean and still protected but not very comfortable with my band aid fix.

Anyone know more of what I have written about?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm gonna forward this concern to the administrator! I'm using an IMAC and I do not have this issue BUT I've seen it using some other device coming in here before and it have done the same a few times. I'll let you know or he'll let you know when we find out what's causing it. So please hang tight!!! ;)

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
i just had the same issue last week. go to your control panel on your computer, go to programs, and look for something that shouldnt be there. my issue was YAC and media player 1.1. both were malware. if you find something, uninstall it to see if it helps :)

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
noblemacaw, I have experienced this exact same problem ! It frustrated me to the point that I have quit visiting this site also. I found it interesting that the one time I visit again, I see this thread. I do have to add that some of the pop ups have been offensive to me as a mom, as I don't want to see close ups of women in bikinis' chests. Maybe this is linked to the google ads on here ?

I have not had this issue either and I'm using a regular desk top PC. But if I'm going to get popups, those are the kind I don't mind getting:) Where is my popups!

OP
noblemacaw

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Bandaid fix is only for the time you are using it. The next time you log in after shutting down computer the malware add popping PITA is back.

I did not install anything at all on system. It wants me too every time I open this form but never install. The add popup is probably malware I cannot control because it is probably coming from the server of where this form transmitting from.

I just disabled fully Java deployment toolkit 7.0. Even though it was not enabled I turned it off so it would not enable on its own. The Java Deployment Toolkit plugin is known to be insecure and is unnecessary in most cases. Users should keep it disabled unless strictly necessary. Don't need this so I killed it.

So where I stand at this time is I disabled any add-on that the system does not like or considered unstable or has caution. I have the block pop up windows activated through the options of this browser (firefox). I have and updated and serviceable antivirus program that is current and locked down. At this point I have done everything I can with my own system and firewall to try to stop this from happening.

This site is sending me something I can't block. My firewall and antivirus is not catching it or killing it. I will check back every once in a while for updates but other than that I will not be using this form until the problem is figured out either on my end or with who ever takes care of the server for this form.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Rebecca, I must admit, I am now getting a bit worried, too. No, I haven't had anything like you describe happen to me, but my internet just shuts down on me every once in a while, and I have NO clue why that would happen. :(

I also have a thing pop up every day, at least once, in which I'm asked if I will allow a program to be installed on my PC. I always click "NO" because I have NO idea what it is. It's some sort of AppData...snhc/setup...... Any idea what that could be, and how I got it in the first place??? :eek:

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
i didnt install the media player 1.1 either. it just randomly showed up and since uninstalling it, i have gotten rid of my ads. im not sure where it came from either, but the problem started showing up here, then went to other sites as well and caused a lot of issues.

Most Reactions

Latest posts