Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Good work both of you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ephy

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Parrots
A 4 year old House Sparrow named Kiwi and a 22 year old dove named Baby
Ive been following this story, she looks so much better, good job! Please keep updating. Love the pics!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
This is awesome! Remember that until you can get blood work and fecal testing for viral/bacterial things, you will want to be extra cautious between handling and certainly keep them apart until a CAV can verify that she isn't carrying any transmissible diseases! SOOOOOO GLAD SHE IS DOING SO WELL!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What a heroic story of intervention and healing. So happy to know Hayat is doing much better. Hoping for continued improvement.

Amsterdam, you are an incredible hero!!! Hayat is even more beautiful considering the horrific ordeal you saved her from.

Last edited:

KiwiDaConure97

Nov 19, 2017
I don't have any medical advice as I'm not a genius on parakeets, but I do have something to say on how sad it is that someone would throw their bird away like that. I don't know why they would buy a bird if they can't take care of it.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
I in no way condone it either KiwiDaConure, but I'd suggest circumstance was far more complicated than what it may seem.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
I don't have any medical advice as I'm not a genius on parakeets, but I do have something to say on how sad it is that someone would throw their bird away like that. I don't know why they would buy a bird if they can't take care of it.

It’s a horrible thing to do, but maybe a blessing for Hayat because she found a wonderful person.

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Wow! Amazing out come. Great job...I want to be like you when I grow up.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
I've been checking your thread several times a day. I'm so happy to hear Hayat is doing well. What a fighter! Crawling around in a trash can and now beloved by many all over the world. All thanks to you. I get very upset thinking about the owner who quit on their bird the way that they did, but I guess that worked out for Hayat in the end - she now has you to love and care for her. From a pauper to a queen.

Your story is inspiring. It's the kind of thread I wish more people could read.

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots

It’s a horrible thing to do, but maybe a blessing for Hayat because she found a wonderful person.

I this part of the world bad things happen to people but not just to people i can imagine the previous owners maybe didnt had money for treatment but no living creature deserves to be put in a trashcan to die... thats the only part im mad at they could atleast put her free.. how ever i made a new friend and im planning to rescue more birds if my strenght is enough for that no living creature deserves to be left for dead, i ordered some treats last week and finally got it in the mail today and blue and hayat already eating added a few pics thank god its friday because im really tired im glad my wife helps me babysitting when im at work or sleeping lol.

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0080.jpg
    IMAG0080.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 93

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Great (team) work! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Little Hayat has experienced the worst & the best of human nature in her short life, but she’s with you now and you and your wife are the best! We love your work ❤️❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
You and your wife are such heroes! Many in your position may have focused exclusively on the human tragedies rather than looking at the world from a holistic view. The people and animal carnage is epic, but you can help take care of what you see. More respect than words can convey!!

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
You and your wife are such heroes! Many in your position may have focused exclusively on the human tragedies rather than looking at the world from a holistic view. The people and animal carnage is epic, but you can help take care of what you see. More respect than words can convey!!

Wow scott! Nice words man thanks for that really appreciate it we are just doing our best thats it thanks again!

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I agree with Scott. Really how we treat animals reflects how we treat all people and the world. Beautiful thank you.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated".
-Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you for this thread.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
How’s Hayat?

OP
Amsterdam

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
How’s Hayat?

She is still doing very very good the only thing im concerned about is that she cant fly well she literally fals down after a short distance im assuming her previous owners clipped her they cut like the whole underhalf of the wing off for the scaly mites i think they are gone feathers are growing back under and above her beak but under her wings theres literally no feathers thats the only thing im worried about il take a few pics tommorow since its dark atm here. Thanks for asking:)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
How’s Hayat?

She is still doing very very good the only thing im concerned about is that she cant fly well she literally fals down after a short distance im assuming her previous owners clipped her they cut like the whole underhalf of the wing off for the scaly mites i think they are gone feathers are growing back under and above her beak but under her wings theres literally no feathers thats the only thing im worried about il take a few pics tommorow since its dark atm here. Thanks for asking:)

I’m glad to hear she’s doing well. Hopefully there’s enough feather left for her to eventually replace them so she can fly. Poor baby.

Most Reactions

Latest posts