HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Agh. Just wrote a long post which deleted itself!

Okay, so I found the galah again. Monday on my way to work. He was being bullied by magpies again. He was injured but managed to fly away from me. I worried about him all day at work in the rain and hail. Thought I’d find him squished in the road on my drive home.
8 hrs later work finished, after searching around everywhere for him I miraculously found him sitting in a rose bush! Bloody face and busted wing. Scooped him up and took him straight to wildlife lady. She cleaned him up and we can’t see any obvious break or damage to his wing but perhaps muscle damage. She’s put him in the large aviary and just going to see how he goes.
I phoned her today and he is much the same, wing still dropped. But he’s eating and getting about. She’s going to see and hope that his wing recovers itself in a couple of weeks. If not.. we’ll we will decide what is best for him at that point. For now, we hope!
Such a shame, I was so happy when he flew off to his family last week. Something obviously wasn’t right with him and the local magpies found a new toy :(
I can’t believe I found him again!
I’ll keep you all updated.
3rRIzas.jpg

BoNAQLO.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh that poor baby! I'm so glad you found him, he must be just about the luckiest little birdie in the world right now to be with you again, Hannah! Something, or someone, must be guiding him back to you ;) Sending plenty of positive vibes for his recovery, the poor little sweetheart, he has been through so much for one so young!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Wow Hannah, seemingly a Christmas Miracle in the making! So happy you found and rescued him again.

First word that came to mind after reading the update.... serendipity.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Oh the poor little bloke! Maybe he had something like a big parasite load that made him weak enough for the magpies to target? I've never known them to attack a parrot, especially not one as big as a galah!

Would you consider keeping him, Hannah, if he's not strong enough to be released? (NB. Galahs make *fabulous* companions. Just sayin'.) ;)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hannah, Scott's right - a Christmas miracle right before our eyes. Here's to hoping this young fellow makes a full recovery and can hold his own eventually.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Poor little guy! Thank you for rescuing him yet again, Hannah. Sending prayers and healing thoughts for that sweet baby, in hopes that he mends enough to be released again safely, or find himself a loving, caring home.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Oh wow, just when you think the story is over, nope -- just a new chapter! There's a special place in this universe dedicated to people like you who take in these animals who need our help maybe not once but twice or even three or four times. Keep it up, we're all rooting for you and this galah!!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hannah, Scott's right - a Christmas miracle right before our eyes. Here's to hoping this young fellow makes a full recovery and can hold his own eventually.

As the guys unite around a Christmas Miracle. There is no question that this young galah has a very special guarding angle in you... Prayers your way that he continues to regain his health.

Most Reactions