Freddie is going to be so proud

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
Yesterday morning, Rocky greeted my husband (who gets up first) with the first few notes of Beethoven's Fifth -- which is the family flock call. Rocky has lived with us for pushing five years and never has learned it before.

In the last few weeks, Freddie has made it his mission to teach Rocky that flock call. He sits on a perch near Rocky, leans forward and fixes his eyes on Rocky, and whistles it over and over and over, while Rocky mostly blinks at him like, "What is he DOING?" So Freddie is going to be so proud of his student if Rocky ever actually does it in front of him.

OP
Siobhan

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
I really doubt that, though I could easily get Freddie to do it for me and possibly even throw in a "pretty baby" or two. Freddie is a born showman, just like that other guy with the name Freddie. LOL Rocky usually transforms into Plush Parrot if he knows I'm taking pictures.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Something aboutthat classic opening bar that parrots seem to like. Our little BeeBee parrot Max (RIP) learned that one quickly. He whistled quite a few tunes, but that one was a favorite.

Most Reactions

Latest posts