Fresh new cage setup!

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
And I see loons in the lake everyday. We have to be careful not to hit them with our boats. They're fearless, probably because they have deadly daggers on their faces.
Yes, we see the loons early in the morning. We have a place where we camp in Lake City, MI on Lake Missaukee. We like to camp there and we can hear the loons early in the morning. Incredible diving birds, it's amazing how long they can stay under water for.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes, we see the loons early in the morning. We have a place where we camp in Lake City, MI on Lake Missaukee. We like to camp there and we can hear the loons early in the morning. Incredible diving birds, it's amazing how long they can stay under water for.
And they pop up out of nowhere! I love listening to their crazy howling laughter echoing across the lake all summer. It's lake life wonderful! I hear Michigan's lakes are beautiful! I live year round on Little Sebago Lake in southern Maine. Summers are idyllic. Winters not so much.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
And they pop up out of nowhere! I love listening to their crazy howling laughter echoing across the lake all summer. It's lake life wonderful! I hear Michigan's lakes are beautiful! I live year round on Little Sebago Lake in southern Maine. Summers are idyllic. Winters not so much.
I agree, the lake life is wonderful. We live nearby a river and we get all sorts of wild life, which I truly love. Winters can be a bear too, but nothing can be worse than the mosquitoes. I guess it's all part of taking the good with the bad. I visited Maine years ago. East coast is absolutely beautiful.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I agree, the lake life is wonderful. We live nearby a river and we get all sorts of wild life, which I truly love. Winters can be a bear too, but nothing can be worse than the mosquitoes. I guess it's all part of taking the good with the bad. I visited Maine years ago. East coast is absolutely beautiful.
We found a chemical free way to enjoy our property when bugs are thick. We bought a four foot diameter powerful indoor outdoor fan. Just plug it in turn on high and position it near the entertainment area and blow the bugs away!

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
We found a chemical free way to enjoy our property when bugs are thick. We bought a four foot diameter powerful indoor outdoor fan. Just plug it in turn on high and position it near the entertainment area and blow the bugs away!
That is something for me to look into. Thank you!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I have three hummingbird feeders and see Ruby Throated Hummers everyday from mid may until October. They are fearless aggressive, and territorial. They know they have swords mounted on their faces and aren't afraid to use them against other Hummers trying to steal their flowers and nectar feeders.
My favorite seabird is the one I haven't yet seen- the Atlantic puffin! Big white Egrets are gorgeous too. Lots up here in summer.
Wow! It’s so cool that you get to see hummers! They are so cute and def on my huge bucket list of birds I want to see! RTH are def a hummingbird I’d love to see!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Wow! It’s so cool that you get to see hummers! They are so cute and def on my huge bucket list of birds I want to see! RTH are def a hummingbird I’d love to see!
I found a male Ruby Throated in my enclosed porch today! He was buzzing around against the glass so I put a small towel over him and took him outside and he buzzed off like nothing happened. Fearless.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I found a male Ruby Throated in my enclosed porch today! He was buzzing around against the glass so I put a small towel over him and took him outside and he buzzed off like nothing happened. Fearless.
Wow! That is incredible! Thank you for saving him!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Wow! That is incredible! Thank you for saving him!
He was so pretty and tiny! I ALWAYS do everything I can to save birds and try to keep them safe! You could say I'm a bit obsessed with it. I hang mylar bird-scaring ribbon (tell Rocky that!) on my windows to prevent bird strikes even though it detracts from the appearance of my house. Birds' Lives Matter is my motto!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
He was so pretty and tiny! I ALWAYS do everything I can to save birds and try to keep them safe! You could say I'm a bit obsessed with it. I hang mylar bird-scaring ribbon (tell Rocky that!) on my windows to prevent bird strikes even though it detracts from the appearance of my house. Birds' Lives Matter is my motto!
How adorable! I hope to encounter a hummer someday! You are a fantastic person and anyone helping wildlife makes them a saint in my eyes lol

Bird lives do matter! All animal life matters in my eyes but birds? They must be protected at all costs 😌

Yes I am extremely biased lmao

Most Reactions