Future bird owner and info-seeker

Seheart

Jun 8, 2013
Maryland
Parrots
None yet!
Hi all! I just joined the forum today for research and information purposes. I am in love with conures, but I will not be in a position to own one for several years yet. I figure this is a good time to learn absolutely everything I can!

I have very little direct bird experience - I owned an incredibly skittish parakeet as a kid. My current bird endeavor is chickens :p Other than that, I have gotten several chances to play with other bird owners' parrots, picked up a few tips along the way, and have gotten over any fear of being bitten by conure-sized beaks. I look forward to my future bird ownership, and I am very eager to learn!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hello there Seheart, and welcome to the forum. :)

You've come to a GREAT place for advice and for a whole lot of GREAT articles, too.

I bet you are really excited about your future Conure. Have you decided on a specific type of conure yet? :)

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Welcome to the forums & as Wendy mentioned, you can get some decent advice around here.....

OP
S

Seheart

Jun 8, 2013
Maryland
Parrots
None yet!
JerseyWendy - Thanks! And yes, even though it's probably 5 or more years away (we have to move/have enough room/have enough money/have more time), I am very excited to one day own a conure.
As far as looks go, I think I like sun conures, blue crown conures, and the various turquoise/blue mutations of green-cheeked conures. But of course looks aren't everything - the main thing I think I want in a future bird is a sweet, cuddly personality. I was playing with a Patagonian a few weeks ago, and just last week was interacting with a Pineapple green-cheek at a pet store, and I can definitely say that I would have taken either of them home in a heartbeat if I could have. I am keeping an open mind right now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts