Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Funny story, when visiting the inlaws the boys are big gamers, all Xbox 360s and Xbox1. In fact the 360 was ours, we gave it to the kids when theirs died. I crack up because they are in different rooms, and on head sets talking to each other. The youngest is 8 and I laugh every time, the adult boys will ask "where's John? Where did he go? he's hiding" and bam he's killed them all. That's Halo. Then one night I hear Johns mom yell "John you better not go in that strip club!!" That was Grand Theft, I had to ask about that and yes I asked why was he playing such graphic and violent games, no answer. But he's really good at them and I laugh when I'm there because he's so sneaky and takes his opponents out. He even falls asleep gaming and if you remove the controller from his hands, they stay positioned like he's holding his controller lol!!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I'm so bad at playing that when I can't beat a boss I call my son in to do it for me. Even on games he's never played and has no idea what their skills are he still manages to win.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Tracey, isn't GTA the worst?! :eek: It's so bad that it makes me bust out laughing in disbelief at some of the things that are on there and how graphic the new version gets. There is "nothing" that you don't see on there. Horrifying to think that YOUNG boys are playing this. Even though the game has an age rating, there is nothing from stopping what someone sees and does in their own home. The version that is not online is so controversial, I can see how parents of young kids are upset about the game.

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots
Emit - Blue Throated Macaw,

R.I.P. - Apollo - DYH Amazon
Thekarens I play destiny too! Although I haven't played in a while because of school and work. But now with school over I'm going to try and pick it up again. I'm only a lvl 30 or 31 if I remember correctly lol .

EdgesofTwilight

Sep 2, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Parrots
Cosmo - Hahn's Macaw
I used to be an avid PC and PS3 gamer. Haven't played in quite some time because of work and stuff. I used to play Eve online a lot on the PC.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Thekarens I play destiny too! Although I haven't played in a while because of school and work. But now with school over I'm going to try and pick it up again. I'm only a lvl 30 or 31 if I remember correctly lol .

Shoot, my highest character is a 24. I suck :(

I don't get parents being upset. It's their responsibility to know what their kid is playing and the content. When my boys wanted to watch movies I knew what was in it and decided if they were old enough, same with video games.

Last edited:

EdgesofTwilight

Sep 2, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Parrots
Cosmo - Hahn's Macaw
I did play a little on the computer a week or two ago. Its in Cosmo's room, so I left the cage door open while I was in there. He crawled on top of the cage so I gave him some toys to play with. Trouble is it's a dome top and I kept having to pick the toys up off the floor. :)

Soaring

Jul 3, 2014
Houston, TX
Parrots
Emit - Blue Throated Macaw,

R.I.P. - Apollo - DYH Amazon
Thekarens when I was active on my account I was play 5-7hrs a day lol. Mostly spent on the first raid and all the weekly stuff on the hardest lvl. That's the only reason I am that lvl, I think my other two characters are 22&24

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
I need Destiny in my life! I have a ps3, xbox one, and wii....ps3 is my fave. I have been vlessed with the most polite gamer bird in the whole world: she sits on the back ofthe couch and watches intently. The only peep out of her is the occasional "you playing a video game?" and mario coin bloop. If I'm watching an emotional movie or tv show or on an important phone call, though, all bets are off! Cue obnoxious grey! I'm playing endless Minecraft and still trying to get through Limbo right now....Destiny soon!

Most Reactions

Latest posts