gas fireplace?

Brittney

Jul 19, 2012
West Virginia
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Ok question for you all. Are gas fireplaces dangerous for birds? We are moving to the mountains next week and the house we got has a fireplace and I don't want mal to get sick if we use it this winter.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I have a Gas Fire, that is on through the Winter! I have never had a problem, but then all our Gas appliances here in the UK are serviced and checked once a Year to make sure they are safe.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I would use a smoke alarm that has the CO2 sensor too.

OP
Brittney

Brittney

Jul 19, 2012
West Virginia
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon
Ok...I'm glad I can use it because on either side are these huge windows and I would love to site with the fireplace going watching the snow lol. I will have to get the hubs to check and see what kind of fire alarms are in the house.

SpringCottageParrot

Jun 6, 2012
The Weald of Kent
Parrots
Casper a blue fronted Amazon
Just a small technical correction, the detectors check for CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (carbon dioxide) which must be ok because they use it to make the bubbles in fizzy drinks.
I'd hate for you to buy the wrong sort in the hardware store. :D

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Just a small technical correction, the detectors check for CO (carbon monoxide) not CO2 (carbon dioxide) which must be ok because they use it to make the bubbles in fizzy drinks.

They have a different terminology for them in the USA !! Theres are C02 :) Ours are called Carbon Monoxide detectors here in the UK.

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012

They have a different terminology for them in the USA !! Theres are C02 :) Ours are called Carbon Monoxide detectors here in the UK.

Indeed they are and oh boy when the carbon monoxide detectors go off they are worse than a cockatoo screaming lol but you got to love it the cockatoo scream not the detectors there just plain annoying :p

Most Reactions

Latest posts