GCC and other birds

Zolseb

Banned
Banned
Jan 10, 2014
Hello All,

I'm a relatively new GCC owner having obtained Marco in December 2013. I also have two cockatiels Darcy (3 years old) and Max (age not known but approximately 5-10 years old). Max is slightly disabled as far as walking is concerned but can fly OK.

All three live in separate cages. I've read that it's not a good idea to house GCC and other species of birds in one cage, which I fully understand. What I would like to know is whether it would be alright to let all 3 out together under supervision during their play time? I like to give them as much out of cage time as I can but sometimes it has to be reduced as I have to have 2 sessions.

Marco hasn't shown any aggression toward the other two but I don't know if I should trust him.

I would appreciate any advice especially from people who have had similar experience.

Thank you.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Hi Zolseb and welcome to PF!

As far as wether or not it's ok to allow Marco out with the tiels or not is entirely up to you. He may or may not get along with them. Out in the wild parrots congregate with a variety of other species in all shapes and sizes! Yet, within captivity, all hell can break loose! If they all get along while out of their cages, great! That's awesome! Do keep an eye on them, though! If they don't, keep them separated.

It can be hit or miss how well some birds interact with others, and it's up to you whether or not you want to take the risk of mixing species, and if something does go wrong, then taking the full responsibility of your choices.

B01.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts