Getting into trouble

Katiejayne

Sep 30, 2013
Parrots
African grey
Green cheek conure
How do u stop ur african grey getting into trouble?
I'm forever making and buying new toys, she's out almost all the time however whenever she out and I'm not giving her my full attention, because I'm cleaning or playing with the dogs. She is constantly flying to places she shouldn't be ie on my dogs crate she gets her toes caught in the hinges all the time or on the gerbiarium and also gets her toes caught or to my sofa and bites a whole in it. I'm constantly going back and forth taking her from places she shouldn't be. She gets loads of attention and toys in just want to clean up lol! is it something I'm doing?

Mattroma

Oct 22, 2013
Ma
Parrots
Quinn- Harlequin
Lemon and Blueberry Budgies
Does she have a play stand and does she use it? From what I've seen and read some birds are more content to hang out on a play stand. I don't know if certain breeds are more prone to use a play stand or if it is more of individual bird thing.
While my Mac will stay on his play stand a majority of the day, he has days/ or ties when he looks for trouble. Like you, usually when my attention is on other things. I find it is safer to place him in his cage.

punkindave

Apr 9, 2013
Media
Albums
Bethlehem, PA
Parrots
Budgie Niles, Rascal RBC-2001, Jake "footloose" CAG-2015, Butchie Triton-1988, Neyteri "Chatterbox" CAG, and the "Squeak Squad" (4 Caiques) ScooterPie 8/12, Skittles 4/13, Chica 2006, Ringo 2009
Sounds like a bird!! LOL
We have the same issues with our Grey. Ya just have to keep an eye on her like you would a 2 year old child. There's no way they can keep out of trouble, the world is their oyster!! When she gets to a point where she might hurt herself (liek flying around in the kitchen while we're cooking) we'll put her in her cage for her own safety.
A play stand might help, but they don't really understand the concept of mine and yours!!

OP
K

Katiejayne

Sep 30, 2013
Parrots
African grey
Green cheek conure
yea she has two play stands one for the kitchen and one for the living room and a portable one for upstairs lol! She just doesn't stay on them lol! and oh no sounds like iv just gotta live with it I might be crazy before long lol

Most Reactions