Getting the toys ready!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahahaha! :rolleyes:

Uh, the campus has meals that we had to pay for with booking a room... I am sure I will hate everything they serve.. So yes, maybe I won't eat for a few days ;)

Negative on that, Robin! Tiny as you are, I don't want to hear of you missing a single meal! You'd likely vanish! :p

So, woman up and wolf down every last bite of that gruel... er, uhm... I mean scrumptious feast that they prepare for you each day! You know Fargo would want you to! (That's right! I played the Fargo card! Ha!)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Ok, all the toys are in!

Nice and full except for the bottom branch which he can spread his wings..

Tried to keep everything around the outsides so he can move about!

and i will have you know i have only cried 3 times today! ;) hahahaha

Mum played with Fargo this afternoon, got him out of his cage, played on the floor, he loves her, but messes with her and acts like a nutter..

But she thinks she will be able to take him out and play.. She said she will go in with him each hour and do whatever needs to be done- play/feed..

:(

Sweet! That setup looks like the avian equivalent of an amusement park!!! Well done, my friend. You've now officially done all you could to keep Fargo entertained and happy whilst (yup, I've adopted your favorite word! Haha) you are gone. He has toys for days (literally!) and a willing playmate in your mother.

Now go forth and enjoy your trip, Tab! You'll fret, of course, but don't forget to leave yourself open to the joy of new experiences, k?

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
It was AMAZING :p Absolutely loved it!

Fargo was good, mum let him out each day, he ate veges and nuts, wouldnt eat his pellets..

and he was incredibly happy to see me :p

Bit confused at first, but stepped up and gave me kisses.. and he was super duper duper cuddly today.

He buried his head into my lap today and just lay there getting scritches..

and the K's were all happy.. I THINK Klaatu even neighed :eek: haha

Res school was incredible.. I will make a post when i get time and explain everything.. It was so much fun.. :)

Aced all my assessments i think! :p

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Coming in late on all this Tab, but it seems as though the residential school was a roaring success all round? I'm so glad you had a good time! Isn't it great when you get to spend time with people who think the same way you do and share the same passion? I hope you made some new friends out of it?

I have to say, it was hilarious following your Mum's updates on facebook. She's a real Trojan, I reckon! Looking after Fargo must be like looking after Someone Else's Toddler and that's something even I quail at. A-J did a great job and I was especially amazed by her willingness to allow Fargo to stand on her head just to get him to eat. I think a woman who is willing to permit the possibility of a macaw-poop hair treatment is a saint! And now you're home again and everything's good. I can't wait to hear about the Res. School!

Barney, Madge and Dom send jolly squawks to Fargo and congratulate him for not biting his Meema very hard. :D :D :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts